“Absolutely disgusting!”
Review of Del Monte Pines

Del Monte Pines
Ranked #9 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2005

If you plan to stay at this hotel, find out which room # you are assigned to, or better ask if it's been remodeled. All we know is that room #11 is absolutely disgusting! My husband and I booked this hotel and since we got a reasonable rate for the area, we were not expecting much. All we expected was a clean place, nothing fancy. We read some reviews before we left and thought this would be ok. To our surprise the room we stayed in was something I've never imagined a hotel (or motel) would be able to rent out. The room had a terrible smell, the carpet was so old and dirty, mirrors were cracked (both room and bathroom). The bath tub was the most disgusting of it all. There was absolutely no way we would take a shower in there. The bed was old, the sheets apparently looked ok but how could you sleep with such condition around you? Don't count on the pool either. We travel a lot and have experienced different categories of hotels, but I must say we've never been this disappointed. We had only booked 1 night (thank god). After seeing the room, we asked the front desk if we could have another room, the response was the hotel was sold-out. I think there must be some remodeled, decent rooms as reviews posted here say, but if you can go somewhere else do that. You don't want to risk it and have something like this put a dent on your vacation.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank AKLosAngeles

SAN RAMON, CA
Reviewed September 10, 2005

I would never stay in this motel again, nor would I ever refer someone to it. I have read other comments by other users and they have been very fortunate. I unfortunately paid $112 + tax for a king/Jacuzzi room. The room I had (#11) looked nothing like the pictures shown on this site or on their own website. Had my digital camera battery not died, I would have taken photos.

The walls were not painted, the carpet was old, and the floors and mirror were cracked. The curtains were old, the walls were stained, the Jacuzzi stopper was not working, and the bed was uncomfortable.

I spoke with the front desk and all I was told was that the remodel that they advertised on the Internet was still ongoing and only 60% complete. This was not disclosed on their website, nor was it disclosed at check in.

If you plan on staying here, just hope that you do not stay in room 11.

The BBB and chamber of commerce have been made aware of this false advertisement.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Carlos, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2005

Have stayed in a number of places in Monterey the last four years, three or four times a year, on family business. I have found this place the most suitable and centrally located. The owners are very nice and accomodating. It is my home away from home.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mansfield, CT
Reviewed August 20, 2005

After checking out prices in downtown Montery, and finding them to be around $120 and up, we were really pleased to find The Del Monte Pines for
Just $69. ($76.90 with tax). The Motel proprietors were very friendly and
we were pleased to find that the room we stayed in was all new. The walls were done in a pretty coral color with nice quality wine colored rug. The sink
had been newly installed in the room, with separate lav and tub beautifully tiled adjoining. This seemed to be the best bargain in town.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2005

We booked this directly through the hotel last minute, and got a rate of 149 for the night. Looked like all the other motels on Munras...nothing special. The room was clean and very basic, through oddly furnished. For 149 plus tax, this was no bargain at all. Would not stay there again, would most likely pay 25 bucks more a night for a better hotel in a better location.

5  Thank californiainuk
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 11, 2005

Charming motel with recent renovations. Room had everything we needed to make the 2 day stay comfortable. Quiet room, marble bathroom floor, clean.
Owner was knowledgeable of area and pleasant. We were close to all of the local attractions and received a great rate. We will definitely rebook in the future.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

My husband and I wanted to be pampered, so we checked into Del Monte Pines Motel. We choose Del Monte Pines because it is centrally located in Monterey. It is a short drive from Carmel where we walked along the beach and enjoyed the sunset. After our walk we went to The Terrace Lounge for cocktails and listened to a fabulous jazz band!

After returning to Del Monte Pines we sat in front of our tile fireplace and enjoyed champagne. The amenities in these rooms are great! Included in room along with the fireplace are granite counter tops, a refrigerator, and in-room coffee (a bonus my husband really enjoys!).

Before entering the motel, you can admire the beautiful landscape. At check-in you get to meet proprietors that are courteous and friendly. The rooms are beautiful and serene.

I can't wait to return to my home away from home.

6  Thank Shirl P