“It's not what you see outside, it's what you see inside” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Del Monte Pines

Del Monte Pines
Ranked #10 of 11 Monterey B&B and Inns
Canby, Oregon
“It's not what you see outside, it's what you see inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

When we pulled up to the hotel we kind of started having second thoughts, but for such a cheap price we figured it would be okay.
The check-in gentleman was very polite, answered all our questions without hesitation, gave us our key to the room and off we went. Once we came to our room we were amazed. It wasn't modern looking but very very nice king size bed with fireplace and a remodeled bathroom. There was absolutely no smell in the room (a big plus for me). The only problem I had was next door kids would not go to sleep until after midnight. But that can happen anywhere.
Next time if I'm in the area I am definetely staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Escondido, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were looking for a cheap place to stay in Monterey when we came across this hotel. We weren't expecting much, as the room only cost us $77 (including taxes). Overall, it wasn't awful, because we went in with low expectations anyways. You certainly get what you pay for. The linens were old and rough and the bath towels were scratchy beyond reason and were only a little larger than a hand towel. The faucet leaked all night and our front door didn't seal all the way allowing light to pour in around the cracks in the morning. I must say, the fireplace was a nice touch, although it didn't provide much heat. The lobby had an unpleasant smell and the breakfast was a joke! It was a shot-sized Dixie cup of sour orange juice and a quarter of a muffin that we were told we had to eat in our room, as there was no common area.There was no clock/alarm in the room. One of the light bulbs were burned out and a few of the light sockets didn't work, which makes me wonder how often they do regular maintenance.

Room Tip: Our door did not seal all of the way (Room 9); it let in the cold at night and the sunlight in the m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBuggy0308

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here one night. It was $59 on booking.com and when we got there it turned out to be $103 with taxes and everything. Bulls***!!!! Then at 5:30 in the morning we hear this gurgling sound coming from the bathroom. We look to see and the people up stairs had taken a shower and the water backed up in the sink, toilet and the bathtub. I was terrible!!! Went to the office and the guy gave us another key to another room. So we had to pack up all our stuff and move to an upstairs room. When we got to the upstairs room, it seemed to be ok expect for this nasty odor. We got up and left. We wil never ever again stay here!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Retardedtripadvisme
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My best friend and I were looking to get away for a night of fun and fabulous weather in Monterey. We initially booked through a website for this hotel because of the great price. Once the reservation had been made, my friend called to ask for some information about the hotel and it's ammenities only to be scorned, talked down to, and hung up on THREE TIMES!! We we not rude at all to the gentleman nor were we asking a lot of him, but the audacity he had, I believe his name is Nir, was beyond baffling. We then called back and aksed to cancel in which he said no and hung up. This experiece with him was enough to make us not want to stay there AT ALL.
The next day we proceeded to call one last time to see if we could speak to a manager or general manager after which he laughed at us and questioned why we wanted to speak with someone. I again asked, and he said he was the manager, which he lied about, because when booking.com called him to try to help us, he told them he was not in fact the manager. Now...I'm not usually one to complain about much, I don't ask for a lot, I've worked in customer service so I know how crazy it gets...but this experience was something I would not tolerate. I work at a hotel myself and I know good customer service when I see it...this was beyond terrible service in all aspects. Quite frankly, I am embarrassed for the owner of this hotel to have such a poor quality of person working for them.
In the end, nothing was resolved and we are still trying to get our money back because there is no way in hell I am letting them win by giving them my money (which had extra hidden fees!!) for a night I wasn't even there! I would highly advise everyone who considers staying here to really consider all other options in the area, even if a little higher in price, because this was such a terrible experience and I'd hate for anyone to have to go through what my friend and I did. We ended up staying at The Monterey Hotel, by the way, which was fabulous and getting a lovely review asap!

Room Tip: Only helpful tip would be to not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bayarea1321
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The shower and bathroom lamp is very, very noisy! You get the feeling that you are close to a airplane starting!
Breakfast is not what you could call breakfast. It consists juice (tastes like water) and muffins - not what we expected to have, when you pay 200 dollars for one night (2 persons plus one kid).
The door has a gap below which is probably 1-2 inches big and you can hear everything the neighbour is talking about.
Beds are not good - my sleeping was bad.

We can not recommend this hotel - pick another hotel down the road!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurids S
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great little room in a cute setting. Just a mile walk to the beach and just 100 feet away from the mall!! There are trails to walk and can do a little hiking right across the street. Downtown is about a mile away too. Our room was great. Had a refridgerator and microwave. Good selection of channels. The bedding was old fashioned but it was clean and funk free. No pool nor jacuzzi. Quiet at night. Spent two nights here. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter. There are so many hotels on this street, can easily shop around for what y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kfar Saba, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Although we've read a lot of bad reviews, we decided to try this hotel for one night. I didn't think the complaints were reasonable enough for the number of stars the hotel received.
In fact we had a very pleasant night there. Even the owner was very kind and sweet with us, giving us a first floor room (because we were with our 4 months old baby). The place is clean and cute. I really would recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family