“Very good, don't understand the complaints!!!”
Review of Del Monte Pines

Del Monte Pines
Ranked #9 of 11 Monterey B&B and Inns
Kfar Saba, Israel
“Very good, don't understand the complaints!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Although we've read a lot of bad reviews, we decided to try this hotel for one night. I didn't think the complaints were reasonable enough for the number of stars the hotel received.
In fact we had a very pleasant night there. Even the owner was very kind and sweet with us, giving us a first floor room (because we were with our 4 months old baby). The place is clean and cute. I really would recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Big Sur, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Del Monte Pines Motel uses an Air Freshener that was so heavy in the air, I literally could still taste the metallic floral smell even throughout the day after I left the room... ICK! Carpets and Beds are equally LUMPY... Yes, you can hear every toilet flush and shower as well as sexy neighborly voices while watching the out of date television at full blast.

Room Tip: Be sure you can handle smelly, filthy accommodations if you stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was just an overnight stop, the owner was friendly and chatty.
The room was clean and comfortable, but facilities are limited.
Breakfast was good but simple but you had to take it back to your room, there is no dining area.
The hotel is located on a main road just outside of Monterey, there appears to be no restaurants close at hand but hidden behind the trees opposite is a large shopping complex with several eateries.
This hotel is good value for money overall although I would agree with other reviews about the 15% service charge

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

During a mothers day trip to monterey, we stayed 1 night at this low cost motel for 1 night, or so we thought. The room should have been 35.00 +10% tax and a1.00 for a city fee. The owner who did not once smiled or greeted me tacked on another 15.00 charge for a (service fee he said). I instantly was thrown off by the additional fee. He proceeded to add up the numbers by writing them out.. (more wierd).. he wrote down my cc number that he should have already had ( wierd) at this point i felt so out of place and wierded out i asked to pay cash and he said no no it's done no need. he gave me a charge reciept from my cc for 54.50, alot higher than it should have been!
we proceeded to our room, the room was as it really should be for 35.00 but not for 54.50 that i paid. There was no mattress pad on the bed which was stained tremendously. when we shook out the blankets dust literally flew all over the room!.. The room was kept mildy cool by an old type cooler in the wall. the floor was so dirty that our socks were dark brown from walking on them. (The breakfast) consisted of safe way bought muffins cut into 4's and watered down orange juice. AFTER LEAVING the worst thing out of the entire trip happened... my debit card stopped working.. I immediately thought back to when he was writing down my card number... I immediately drove back from the new hotel we were staying at to del monte pines and insisted on a full reciept including the folio for which he listed the 15.00 (service charge)... he first said no I cannot do that for you. He then asked me to stand to the side while he helped another guest needing to check in. I immediately noticed he did go over any service charge added to the bill! I get back up to the counter and hesays why do I need the reciept which is my right to have! after telling him it was needed for my records he rudely told me NO I have you your cc reciept thats all your getting... i told him he needed to give me my full reciept immediately or I would call the police. .He gave me a copy but only HALF OF IT! I insisted he give me the rest and he said no that's enough for you.. I stepped outside called the police and asked for an officer to come out.. during this time he knocked on the window and motioned me to come in where he gave me the other half of the reciept.. i left but I regret no having the officer out still. I am now in the process of figuring out if he had the right to charge me the extra 15.00.. I will update this as soon as I find out. I wish I would have trusted my gut and never stayed, but I might not have been able to find out if he is a crook and all the people he has scammed.. stay tuned to this i will update.

Room Tip: For a good price and indoor pool try quality inn on munras ave.. the staff is excellent!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank unkown p
Willits, California
Reviewed April 14, 2012

It looks good from the outside. The towels were old and just didn't smell that good. I had taken a chance on this place and never again. The advertised free wifi was there but the signal was so low you couldn't connect. I asked for a wake up call and was told the phone was not working. So, all I can say is that the bed was so bad on my back that I did not need a wake up because I was awake most of the night. Next time I will spend more and wake up without a sore back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Patrick C
Reviewed February 7, 2012

There was a hidden fee of an extra $15 per night. I asked for a pillow around 10pm to replace the stained up stinky pillow in my room only to be greeted by the owner, who felt the need to be rude as possible. The room had crusty towls and human waste in the toilet. Pipes made loud noises 3am-5am. The fridge also had a bag of food that was spoiled. All employees and owner were rude. This will be the first and last time I ever stay here again. THIS PLACE IS AWEFUL!!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Vinnymac1989
West Lafayette
Reviewed January 22, 2012

There was a mixup with Expedia regarding our reservation. Apparently Expedia booked the room twice without informing us and then refused to return the full amount of one room. Damn you Expedia!

The service at this hotel was not bad for the price we got ($66 incl. tax). It is a small hotel with about 40 rooms. The rooms are good enough for the casual traveler who wants to crash for the night. The breakfast was a muffin and orange juice.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends