Villa Franca Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Munras Inn(Monterey)
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
View Hotel
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbanana muffinsdef stay againhot oatmealone nightroom was cleanelectric fireplaceboiled eggscomfortable stayroad tripclose to downtownmin walkbusy streetfisherman's wharfupon checkfree parkingcannery rowcory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We arrived in Monterey not having pre-booked and ended up in this little gem! Sharon couldn't have been more helpful, we had a problem with our hire car and she insisted we use her own phone to call the hire company. The room was very clean and after a good nights sleep the breakfast was an unexpected bonus, personally prepared by Sharon, muffins, oatmeal, coffee and freshly cut fruit. The location of the inn ticks another box as it is less than a 10 minute walk to the town centre. Highly recommended"

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan T
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter and I met my sister and her friend from Oklahoma and shared a room that was ample for all 4 of us. The hostess, Sharon, was so down to earth as well as an excellent cook. We all loved her blueberry/banana muffins. She provided such healthy, nutritional foods for breakfast. We especially enjoyed the fire log in our room. I'm planning on booking a room at this place the next time I come to Monterey.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daisy A
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hospitality is over the top! Best breakfast, steel cut oatmeal and home baked muffins. We had a cozy room with a fireplace. Perfect location, close to everything! Highly recommended! I really loved the friendliness of the staff, specifically Sharon, she really makes a difference in your stay, she is so helpful about the area attractions and very nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here after a last minute decision to take our son to Monterey/Carmel for the Memorial holiday weekend. This place is an older facility with a few minor updates in the room. It was a basic room that was clean and served our purpose for one night. However, the guests in the room above us were very noisy. We didn't get to try the breakfast because we had brunch reservations.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The El Dorado Inn at Monterey California was quite an uncomfortable experience. I stayed here in May 2014 with some friends (who made the booking) and while we weren't that impressed when we arrived we were open minded. We appreciated that there was a communal area outside with a table and a liquor store around the corner. So we could play cards and have a cold beer after a long drive up the coast. The good stopped there.

The room was noisey, the AC didn't work, the beds were very uncomfortable and most of the sheets had cigarette burns in them. Although the street was quite noisey we thought that we should open the windows to get some breeze and cool down a little. This didn't help much.

After a hot, stuffy, restless nights sleep the shower facilities were quite welcome but that was about it.

I honestly wouldn't recommend this place and definitely would not return. I'm not usually a fussy guy having travelled extensively in both 1st and 3rd worlds for business and pleasure. I've seen my fair share of dives and unfortunately this was one of them.

Good luck!

Room Tip: Room 6 was our room. It was anything but a pleasant stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nrdowe
Sharon C, Manager at Villa Franca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

I am sorry this guest felt his experience with us was less than satisfactory. Had I been informed at the time of his stay, I might have been able to address his concerns to his satisfaction. First of all, we do not have A/C at our inn nor have we ever implied that it is available . With very few exceptions, it would be a waste of resources to have A/C in our units. Even on the night in question, the National Weather Bureau states that the temperature averaged 61 degrees F. We have fans available, upon request, for added comfort..We have complimentary earplugs for any of our guests who are light sleepers or are affected by average street noise.
Our beds are less than a year old and are Sealy Posturpedic, Pillowtop of good quality. Alt the rooms have been renovated, with new decor (except for the dressers and nightstands), new bathrooms. The bedding has been replaced recently, with our deluxe rooms already offering 700 count sheets . We use a reputable, local laundry to wash and iron our linens. I have asked our housekeeper to double-check to make sure all sheets are in good condition and to discard any that are not up to our standards.. All our rooms are non-smoking also.
All rooms have microwaves and refrigerators;
The exterior of our inn has been repainted and the landscaping is in the process of being upgraded. Our walkways will be resurfaced in the next few weeks.
The comfort, cleanliness and safety of our little inn is very important to each of us here at El Dorado Inn, Monterey. Thank you for sharing your concerns,, we value your input.