“**BLOOD ON WALL** DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Munras Inn

Munras Inn
Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The cleanliness of this property is horrendous, Like the title says blood on the wall, dirty yellow mattress and sheets.I contacted the Front Desk about the issues and was told "i don't have time for this; contact expedia." Rude staff and disgusting property,Beware of this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason P
Tania M, Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

We’d like to express our sincerest apologies on your unpleasant experience during your stay at the hotel. All that you’ve mentioned is inexcusable and concerning. We’d like to say that this is not how we normally run business as we follow a strict guideline when it comes to the cleanliness and customer service that our staff provides. We will investigate this matter and do everything we can to ensure this does not happen anymore. I hope this is not too late to express my apologies and we hope you will reconsider our hotel in your next visit in the bay area.

There are newer reviews for Munras Inn

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night here because it was recommended by a friend and the hotel I normally stay at was sold out for the night. The room was large. It was very dark and the room had no A/C just a heater as the weather in Monterey tends to be chilly. The room had an electric or gas fireplace that I did not know how to work. Overall, the hotel is not bad. The staff could be a bit friendlier and the location is central. It was fairly clean. I can't complain. The tv had a variety of cable channels that are usually not provided at other hotels so that was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is under a new manager. She is warm, friendly, and she will do everything in her power to make us feel right at home. We have been coming for years, and we notice new improvements made to the property already! The price is right, and there's nothing like being appreciated as a guest. Will be back soon! Thanks a million. The Linares from Fresno, Ca.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked this place one month in advance, Upon check in found fireplace did not work tried to call down to office and found phone did not work so used my cell. Called front desk they sent manager with a lighter to try to light it. They should have known in advance these things did not work.Bad business not checking every detail for guests leaving and arriving. Paint pealing off walls. Please how much is a can of paint. Very inconvenient not being able to check in till 3:00pm. Advise find another place to stay. Lots of nicer in same area. McDonalds has better breakfast than their so called continental whatever. Very bad. will never stay there again Think twice before booking here. Not worth what u pay for .

Room Tip: Place has no A/c at all. Do not book on line from pics they dont look anything like the pics. There...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Sindy B, General Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Myrna ML: I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologize you found your stay unsatisfactory. Being the new General Manager here at Vagabond Inn, I agree there are some improvements to be made. I am putting forth all efforts to take care of some of the issues you have mentioned. Customer Satisfaction is my number one priority and will not stop improving until our guests feel welcomed and comfortable at our inn. Please, if you do decide to give me another opportunity to show you the very best that I can provide, call me directly and I will take care of your reservation needs. Again, sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you during your stay. Sindy Buentello General Manager.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place could benefit from a fresh coat of paint, but it was clean and had a gas fireplace, minifridge, microwave, and coffeepot.
The building is clearly old though: you could hear the guests on the second floor walking around.

Sindy B, General Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Trip Advisor Member: I would like to thank you for time to write us this review. As the new General Manager at Vagabond Inn Monterey, I am taking extreme measures to give my property some T.L.C. With a little bit of time and tenderness, we will be shining beautifully. Please give me a call in you are ever in Monterey, I would love for you to give us a chance to redeem ourselves. I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello GM at VBI Monterey.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Checkin was a breeze and room was amazing with a view of the ocean! Private balcony to feel the cool air flow through the room! Will definately stay here again! Easy, nice and convenient to all monterey!! Thanks Sindy!

• Stayed: June 2013
Sindy B, General Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

felixmonjes: I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write us this review! It is an honor to receive such compliments about my staff and our property! I am the new GM here and I have my work cut out for me. Including upgrading our rooms. But also, I am happy to hear we met your standards during your stay! Happy anniversary, I hope it was a memorable one with us here at VBI. Please give me a call directly if you and your wife want to come back and stay with me, I will personally take care of your reservation needs! Sindy Buentello VBI Monterey General Manager!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location for the price,short drive to anywhere you want to see. Large clean room,nice fireplace,plus good service. On the downside, Worst bed I've slept on in years. I'm also glad I didn't bring my truck(f-250),not sure it would have made the turns in parking lot and would have blocked traffic in the short spots.

• Stayed: April 2013
Sindy B, General Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

landroid: My name is Sindy, and I am the new General Manager here. I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write us this review. It does allow us to be aware of necessary improvements we need to make on our rooms and our property. Please look forward to new improvements coming soon. Again, thank you so much for taking the time. Sindy Buentello General Manager VB Monterey.