“Christmas Day lunch 2012”

Crab Louie's Bistro
Ranked #127 of 311 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: crab louie bistro is located on the wharf in beautiful Monterey harbor ofering spectacular views of the sealions and from all window tables. We are open every day - for breakfast,lunch and dinner Our guests may enjoy the view of sea otters,sealions and pelicans. Enjoy breakfast or lunch ,or have a romantic candlelight dinner while the sun is setting over Monterey bay.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a great cup of chowder and the service was OUTSTANDING! They accomodated our pooch with us by setting up an outside table complete with tablecloth and heater, plus a dish for the dog. WOW! Food was even better, I had the sea bass (the local sea bass) stuffed with shrimp. We also had a bucket of clams and some chowder, it was all VERY good. Casual place, good value, fair choice of wine by the glass. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

There's a large selection of restaurants on the Wharf but we chose this one for lunch. We had a great view of the seals on a large float which was entertaining, as well as the pelicans and otters.
Our server 'Debbie' was attentive and helpful on our selection of food. My husband chose the Dungeness crab sandwich which he said was fresh and very good. I had the crab cake sandwich which was filled with crab. It was one of the better ones I've had so I give it high marks. Both meals came with fries which were better than average.
Not a 5 star restaurant but good food and service. I would dine here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall the place is so so...our server was attentive and the view was great of the lazy seals, but the food was okay. The chowder sucked, to be honest...it was very bland. The clam strips were your typical frozen fare, but the calamari was pretty good.

We were starving, so at the time it didn't matter where we ate, but next time I'll go elsewhere.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Once we decided to go inside, I think we immediately wanted to turn around. The restaurant was small and dumpy with just a few tables and one shared (and smelly) restroom. After we ordered our meals, another couple and their small dog were seated two tables away. This was not a service dog (it was wearing just a plain collar), so I was surprised to see it allowed inside the restaurant.
The dog barked and growled at us when we passed to use the disgusting bathroom. My husband (who is allergic to dogs) started coughing. Once we had our meals, we had the pleasure of eating them while we watched this dog sit in a chair at the other table and eat off the plate in front of him! Ugh! I like dogs, but I don't want to watch them eat accross from me while my husband coughs. I think when you pay $17 for a sub-par salad, it's not too much to ask that non-service dogs stay outside -- or at least don't eat their meals seated accross from you.
If you only care about the view, this is your place. If you want good food in a clean restaurant, look elsewhere.

2  Thank LynSR27
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The sample of clam chowder out the front was quite tasty, I didn't find the staff too pushy to come eat just friendly. I liked the view watching the seals and pelicans while you eat. I never felt rushed to leave. Sure the menu could use a little overhaul but I didn't think it was that bad overall.