“monterey nightmare”

Ranked #8 of 11 Monterey B&B and Inns
somerset
“monterey nightmare”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

the best possible review I can give for this place is....don't go there at any costs, best sleep in car,,,filthy. disgusting, worst place I have come across in my life...outside looks like a rubbish tip.
whole place should be knocked down, as to what went on upstairs all night...you can imagine, that's the ONLY reason its there....enough said..........

Room Tip: there I`snt one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Yuba City, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is officially the worst motel I have ever stayed in. I was with my husband and seven-year-old. We are pretty patient and were not expecting a lot; after all, we were not paying a lot to stay there, but even we have our limits on what is unacceptable. Tenants in another room were fighting until all hours. Management finally moved us to another room. Breakfast was prepackaged Danishes and coffee. The shower faucet came off the wall when I tried to adjust it. There was no alarm clock in the room. The air conditioner didn't work. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This motel is only a few minutes from most of the main attractions on the Monterey Peninsula. The access instructions on the Choice website work but if you are heading north from Carmel take the Fremont North exit instead of Casa Verde and the motel is in the first block on your left. I see they have slightly reduced the price in the month since we stayed there, which may reflect the plumbing problems (toilets wouldn't drain properly). You won't put on weight from the continental breakfast but it was in fact adequate. The furniture was dated but the room was clean. Rodeway has no on-site laundry but they steer you to their sister Econo Lodge across the road which does and doesn't object to visitors (after all, they are both Choice brand). In general the Peninsula accommodation is overpriced so this one is fairly reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmeem42016
CARMEL,CA
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The location is not bad assuming you're driving. The rooms are dated. Furniture is old and bedding is older. Baseboard coming away from wall in my room which hides dirt. Floors seemed to be clean. I've seen worse. Tile in bathroom was shiny and looked new. Bring your own pillow. Mine were lumps but I was alone so could use both of them. Lots of TV channels but I found no local channels. Was ignored by a man in a tank top t shirt that he slept in when I turned my key in in the morning. Continental breakfast? Don't count on it. Half a pot of coffee that could have been from the day before. (Left early so was probably the first to leave so no one else drank it). 1 old apple was the only fruit. Some pastries in plastic. Only thing that looked safe. Looked for expiration date but didn't see one. You get what you pay for. Was the cheapest room in Monterey on this night. I travel for work and stay in Monterey every week. Would I stay here again? Only if everything else was a lot more expensive.

• Stayed June 2013
racine, wi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

in over ten years, we've stayed at eight or ten motels on fremont, and this might be best of them. with a coupon, it was a great deal. our room was completely updated - carpets, tile, walls. only knock was that the continental breakfast was more skimpy than most, having just coffee, orange juice (watered down) and packaged Danish rolls, but hey, if it's a meal you're after, go to a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank john b
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I originally picked this hotel because it was located about 15 minutes away from the aquarium driving. I can easily say know that it was the worst mistake we have ever made. I expected poor service because of how cheap the hotel was but I did not expect the disgusting cleanliness of the place. There were candy wrappers and garbage on the floor and the place was so tiny I could barley move. Literally the bed was 2 inches from the TV stand in front of it. But that wasn't the worst part. As I took the blanket off to get ready for bed I realized that they didn't even put a fitted sheet on the mattress and there were yellow stains all over the crappy flat sheet that they tried to tuck in. Then on top of all this when I flipped my pillow over there were small blood stains on it. Needless to say at this point I had to call the front desk to bring me a new one. After a 45 minute wait for my pillow I tried to sleep but the walls were so thin that I could hear the telephone from the front desk ringing until 12 at night and we were literally all the way down the hall from the office. Needless to say I have learned from my mistake. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay clear of Fremont street. They may have cheap deals but most of the hotels looked like huge garb...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prettylady05
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked on line and didn't know what to expect. Our room 104 was fine, and our friends in room 107 had a similar room. Both rooms were clean and nicely decorated.There was a table and two chairs in both rooms and we managed a game of bridge bringing one chair from our room. Check in was fast and the free coffee in the morning a bonus. Only drawbacks were a very slow wifi, although it was free, and we couldn't use the microwave as we didn't bring cups. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rooms and they all seemed similar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends