“A Wee Twee, but Adequate for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lone Oak Lodge

Lone Oak Lodge
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“A Wee Twee, but Adequate for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The motel is quite a way from downtown Monterey. Our room was big enough and had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom, while a bit small and old-fashioned was functional. The lady at the reception was friendly and professional. The wi-fi worked well. Recommendable for a short stay.

Room Tip: Rooms (#10+), further back from the main road, are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Lone Oak Lodge. We always appreciate the time taken to write a review. I'm happy you had a good nights rest and hope you can return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Aachen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed for four nights in the Lone Oak Lodge, had a cottage and found everything just fine! Spacy, clean and comfortable with a friendly reception. The cottage had two bedrooms, a big kitchen with everything we needed, a big bathroom and even a small backyard. The cottage was cleaned every day and the car could be parked in front of the cottage. Lone Oak Lodge also has a sauna and a whirlpool but we had't time to use them. Shops, restaurants and dinners where you can eat breakfast were almost beside. The reception was really friendly and we got very good tips where to shop and eat. To go to Monterey you have to take a car, but that's not a problem because there are plenty of parking places. Lone Oak Lodge is situated in a busy street, but we had an absolutely peacefull cottage. I guess if you don't have your cottage next to street you won't have any problems. The hotelrooms are even more far away from the street.The price is also very reasonable. Just book it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! We do appreciate your input and hope to see you back soon.
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've stayed at the Lone Oak many times. It is always clean and comfortable. Having a kitchen is wonderful when your away from home.
Staff is always warm and helpful
Location is great, near many restaurants.
Tourist attractions are near.

Room Tip: If staying for more than one night choose the room,rooms with a kitchen
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, we always appreciate it!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I called on Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend and they happened to have one room left, a double double and because of the other reviews here we snatched it up. It was a love/hate relationship for me. I loved it because it reminded me of my childhood driving trips with my parents where we would just drive until my dad got tired and then we would find a town that had a motel with a vacancy sign. This place was clean. New toilets, tile in the bathroom and new sink fixtures. We also felt safe. The windows were open but after we unloaded the car and we were leaving my son closed them as we headed out to Fisherman's Wharf.

We got back to motel about 11pm. We walked in and we were knocked up the side of the head by this odor, that I thought seemed oddly familiar, and the room was really stuffy. We went to turn on the air conditioner and there wasn't one. The office was closed so no one to call. We were close enough to the road that to open the window meant the traffic noises could keep us awake. So we kept the windows closed.

We turned out the lights and I told myself to calm down and imagine that I am in a refreshingly cool room. I fell asleep. I woke up at about 1am drenched in sweat and realized what that smell was, urine.

I kicked my son out of his bed nearest the window and opened it a bit and tried to get some of the cool ocean breeze to cool me off and not have the road noise wake my husband. Eventually I grabbed a pillow and went to the car. After we all were up we went to some of the other rooms and I have to say that the bottom line is I would stay here again. I will avoid room #3 but I am sure that they will figure it out and fix the problem. We mentioned it to our housekeeper.

Room Tip: OMG, bring or ask for a fan when you check in if the weather is warm. If you get room #3 make sure...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim D
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. While our office closes at 11:00 every night, I am here 24/7. All you would have had to do is go to the front door and press the bell. Every motel has this bell to ring in case a manager is needed after hours. I would have been happy to get you a fan and do what I could to make your night sleep a pleasant one. In addition, it would have been much appreciated if you had reported this to the office upon check out the next morning. Any issues with a room we take very seriously and never hesitate to pull a room from service if there is a problem. I went through room 3 myself and did not find any evidence of urine anywhere. This is a mystery. I have had two separate reservations in that room since with no comment.
Moree, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Lone Oak Lodge during a drive up Highway 1. It's clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's close enough to the highway and tourist spots. Great wifi for multiple devices. We had no breakfast, but great diner just down the block.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ree71
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and review and I'm happy you liked you accommodations. Hope to see you in the future!
Galt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a very nice, comfortable, quiet stay at LOL. It is close to the wharf and other sites.
The staff was friendly and business-like. Lots of restaurants nearby for the usual fast-fare.
The older motel has been upgraded and modernized. WiFi works great. They have a spa and it
looked inviting. Everything was clean and neat. I would recommend LOL.

Room Tip: Nice to park near our room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sonnybear47
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

THANKS!! The rooms are really, really clean. The grounds are clean and neat. The staff is the BEST. The service was amazing! We had the best time ever. It was the best vacation ever. Lori, thank you for all your help you made our family vacation the greatest. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!!

Nola Murrison

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review, always appreciated!!!!