“Immaculately clean and excellent value”
Review of Lone Oak Lodge

Lone Oak Lodge
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I chose this motel after much research including customer reviews from several sites. I found this motel just as the reviews stated. Immaculately clean and well furnished and in a very convenient location. Also the staff is friendly and helpful. When I return to Monterey, I will definitely stay here again, and I intend to fully recommend Lone Oak Lodge to potential visitors to Monterey or Carmel.

Room Tip: All the room are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Richard R
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you so much for the compliment! I'll pass it on to the staff. Hope to see you soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I very pleased with the room. Very friendly staff and reasonably priced for Monterey. It was very nostalgic looking but has free wifi and very clean rooms & comfy beds!! Rooms had a nice closet, fridge & lots of pillows, which was a big plus & they weren't your regular flat ones either. Everything was centrally located & Pacific Grove is about 15 mins away & worth the drive. Grandma's kitchen is across the street, which has food all American food & there's an Italian place down the street, which is also very good. Can not to wait to go back!!

Room Tip: There is no pool but has a spa area!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bettyboop1970

Thank you for the great review! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a pretty bare bones place. Bring your own shampoo. But it was clean, and well priced. Monterey turned out to be bigger and busier than I expected. If I return on vacation, I think I would look for a place in Pacific Grove away from the traffic of monterey.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Voytko
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Can't really say a lot about this place. It is located on Fremont near many other of the lower cost motels. Since it is away from the water, it doesn't charge the outrageous price you would pay on Cannery Row. It is a few years old but had been nicely maintained. Maintained but not updated. You will get a clean quiet room, but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Halems
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I knew this would be a good place when I checked in: I gave my name, and the nice lady behind the desk instantly (without looking at anything) said, "Oh, you'll be in number 20!" She then proceeded to tell me about the spa across the parking lot and a couple of other unique things about my room - again, without looking up my reservation. WOW!

The room (#20) was plenty big, with a mini fridge by the clothes hanging area. Good TV reception, comfy bed and good amenities in the bath. A table with chairs upon which I put my stuff each night, and enough exposed plugs for all my electronics to recharge, whilst I was sleeping. Checkout was a noon (not 11AM like others in the area), so I got an extra hour in the morning.

Since this is a one story motel and the parking is in front of the room, there is some parking lot noise. Nothing too bad, but could be distracting to some. Great price for a Monterey weekend on Fremont (I've paid a lot more for much less) so I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! Always appreciated. The next time you check in, you'll find that we have painted the whole exterior of the Lodge. It's going to look great. See you next time.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lone Oak Lodge is situated about 10 minutes drive from downtown Monterey which doesn't make it the most easy place to walk to down from. It's clean though nd the rooms are well looked after.
One complaint was that the bedsheets were really scratchy and I did not have the best nights sleep.

Service was fine, and simple. There are no frills here, it's a really basic motel but fine for the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank zerodosage
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are about 3 1/2 miles from Fisherman's Wharf and the Cannery Row area. The nightly rate in Cannery Row for a hotel room is very expensive! A short drive from the Lone Oak will save you quite a bit of money. Scratchy sheets? Not sure I've ever had that comment before. All of our linens are sent out to the French Laundry daily for cleaning and pressing. We have never had a negative comment about their work before. I will contact them.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Comfortable. A little noisy but not too bad. The staff was nice during check in. It does seem to be in the flight path of the landing strip of a local airport. I would try and get a high number room to avoid road noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it. I know, not much you can do about the airport. The bright side is they are not allowed to fly at night and we do not have large aircraft landing either, mainly private airplanes.