Lone Oak Lodge
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$209
$195
Travelocity
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$194
$179
Hotels.com
Colton Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$159
$151
Travelocity
1,160 results
All reviewsfull kitchenspa roombedroom cottagestarbucks coffeeroom was cleangreat place to stayhot tubceiling fanshort drivequeen bedroad tripstay there againmonterey areamini fridgestayed one nightcannery rowvisiting monterey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed at Lone Oak Lodge two nights and at the Inn at Spanish Bay two nights. Normally, I don't stay at properties at such extremes. We stayed at Lone Oak because of TripAdvisor reviews. We had a small bedroom where my wife and I slept. The main entry room had 3 beds for the 3 kids (20 year olds) to sleep. There was a full kitchen and even a dining area. We got this room on Memorial Day weekend for less than $150 dollars a night. What a great value! Brought my average price per night way down when added to the cost of the Inn at SB. Lone Oak was comfortable, clean and rooms were big. The only negative with the rooms -- it had only one bathroom. For a party of 5, this slowed us down. They have no restaurant on-site but there is a Black Bear Diner very close for breakfast. I would consider staying here again if bringing a family. If my wife and I travel alone, we will probably choose a nice bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Call the Lodge directly and speak with the manager
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Steveh3Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I like to start off by saying we use to stay next door then one day we decided to go explore other place well we didn't have to go far when we ask to see the room with the hot tub the staff was very helpful ever since that day me and my wife have been stay at the lone oak lodge for over 10 years we love this place we always get room 21.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Our one night at Lone Oak Lodge was just right for what we needed after a late night flight into San Francisco and then the almost three hour drive to Monterey. The area is lined with travel motels that are simple and well-kept, and Lone Oak fit that description well. After traveling all that time, pulling up to the door of our room was appreciated -no long walks. The manager on duty the next morning was very helpful in outling suggested tours and marking a map for us. My only criticism is that there is on 24-hour front desk, and since I called about our late arrival by accident, the manager made arrangements for a late-night key pick-up. If I hadn't called by accident, there would have been no one on duty upon arrival -so if you're going to arrive late at night, be sure to call ahead to make those arrangements.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed at the Lone Oak for three days after seeing very good reviews. We liked it so well that we extended our stay for an additional three days. For both location, and a nice clean, attractive lodge, Lone Oak exceeded our expectaions. There is so much to see and do within a short distance, including the beaches, and the 17 mile drive, not to mention the rest of the Monterey Penisula, including Carmel, that we definitly would return on our next trip. And the courtesy and pleasantness of staff was very refreshing.

Room Tip: Great Value and location
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is a typical roadside motel, just off Hwy 1 on N Fremont Street. It's a short drive (10 mins) away from Cannery Row, Fishermans Wharf and downtown Monterey. There's not much to speak of for the street it's on, it's just full of budget motels on a busy street. No real eateries around there within walking distance, a few chain fast food places and some diners. If you like it big and chintzy go to the Black Bear Diner.

The room was large and you can pull up right outside. Room was clean and has all the facilities you might need.

Not a place you'd stay for long periods but a very good option if you're passing through.

• Stayed: April 2011