“Awesome place, friendly owners”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Woodland Hills, CA
“Awesome place, friendly owners”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed there only for a night but it made a lasting impression and we will definitely stay again there when we travel to Monterey next time. Very friendly place with excellent setup. They had clean rooms, nice breakfast and excellent service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alok1008
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Alok,

We are extremely delighted to hear that you have given us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. My staff works hard each and every day to make sure we put out the best possible guest service. We always want to be better than our competitors, because we want to stand out from others. We glad that you enjoyed the clean rooms. All of our rooms are newly renovated from the furniture to the carpet and everything in between. We also do serve a nice continental breakfast to all of your guests and we are glad that you got a chance to take advantage of that. Please do refer us to your friends and family and we would definitely love to see you again in the future. Also, next time do book with us directly or online at redroofinnmonterey.com, as it will be cheaper for you to book directly with us. We hope to see you again.

Neil (G.M.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
swansea
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms are big,with comfy beds,and tea/coffee.The car park surrounds the building,so when people arrive back late,,,noise from the vehicle can be an issue;At one point,i thought a lorry was parking outside my bedroom window.
The free breakfast in reception is better than most,Staff were friendly and polite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you wanted to share your experience with us. We always look forward to what our guests have to say after they leave our hotel. We want to hear how the experience went and we also want to hear if they experienced any type of problems or issues during their stay. Were glad that you got to enjoy the comfortable beds with other amenities in the room. Were also glad you got to enjoy our delicious continental breakfast that we serve every morning. We apologize that the noise from the vehicles was an issue for you. We always want our guests to get a goodnight sleep. Please do refer us to your friends and family and we would love to see you again. Also, next time please call and book directly with us or through redroofmonterey.com, as it will be cheaper for you. We hope to see you again.

Chester
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having read reviews on TripAdvisor went for Red Roof. However, while had better facilities e.g. microwave, bath, the room was very dark; both in terms of light and decor. And polysterene cups for brews made anything taste awful. Just felt rather depressing. We were on ground floor so maybe upstairs would be better. Also noise upstairs when a family with young children stayed was very bad. Breakfast wasn't exciting and quite plain tasting but better than other motels we stayed on this trip; cereals, juice, devilled eggs, pastries, toast but very little room so plan to take back to room. It is walkable into town but is quite a way (40 mins) and there is a really good bus service just outside. We also had some trouble chasing a confirmation of our booking.

Room Tip: Go for upstairs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChesterEmma
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Emma,

We are glad to hear that you gave your response based on your experience. We want to extremely apologize that we could not do everything that we could have done to make you stay the best way possible. We do want to make improvements on your next stay and we want to do our best to make sure that each guests enjoys what they pay for. So we really do hope to see you again in the future, and we hope that we can adjust things that fit your certain needs.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here on a few occassions over the last 6 months. I really like the rooms and the beds are sooooo comfy theres not any noise or bothersome happenings as far as ive seen. I like the office and housecleaning staff and and added bonus is they have breakfast is the morning I would recomend this hotel to my family and friends

Room Tip: The back building of the hotel is nice :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Elecia,

We are extremely delighted that you have given us a perfect rating based on your stay with us. Were glad that you could enjoy our comfortable beds in our clean rooms. We always want our guests to enjoy the most important part of the room which is the bed, so we always want to make sure that the beds are very comfortable. My office and housekeeping staff work very hard each day to make sure that we satisfy the guests needs in every way possible. We are glad to hear that you want to recommend us to your friends and family, because we always want other people to get the same experience as you did. We would love for you to come back with your friends and family to share your amazing experience. Also a reminder, always make sure to book directly with us to make sure that your room is always guaranteed and also a lot cheaper than travel agents.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this spot because we came to Monterey for the MotoGP event. We reserved through orbitz for Sunday night, and when we got there we found out that orbitz never sent over our confirmation paperwork. We showed the friendly man at the front desk out confirmation email and we ended up working something out and we ended up paying less than what we had booked with orbitz. We had hauled our motorcycle with us and parking was not a problem! More than enough space for people hauling motorcycle trailers. The room was cozy and roomy (just 2 of us!) , and after 3 days of camping in the cold Monterey weather, the bed and a hot shower were the highlight of our stay!! We had a tv, fridge, microwave. Location is pretty good. Not too far from restaurants. There's actually sushi restaurant right across the street, so no having to drive to eat!! They have a small breakfast bar in the morning. Cereal, toast, coffee. Easy peasy, can't complain when free food is offered! Everything went well, aside from Orbitz screwing things up! Also, the walls are really thin...that, or people talk waaaaaay too loud! I would stay here again, but I'd request not to have a room by any entrances, that's where all the voice traffic seems to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you took some time to tell us about your experience with us. We always want to take care of our guests in the most polite manner as possible, especially if they seem to encounter any problems upon check-in. Were glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that you enjoyed the warm cozy beds and a hot shower. We are located in a very great spot for our guests, because we are close to convenient stores, restaurants, and other stores as well. We are so sorry to hear that the noise was an issue for you. We will definitely do our best to put you in a quieter room next time. Please refer us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again in the future. Also, to avoid any issues at the time of check-in, please book directly with us next time, because it will be a lot easier for you and a lot cheaper as well. We love to book directly with our guests.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had drove to downtown monterey in hope of finding a hotel on a tuesday night, with my last minute decision to drive out there from vallejo with my kids, apparently there was no hotels in downtown that night that had a room. We then drove around thinking we were out of luck, but luckily we found this inn, the personnel in the front was very nice, the room was very clean, fresh breakfast next day in the morning

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank allaboutmykidz
Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy to hear that you gave us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. We always want to do out absolute best to make sure that each and every single guest can enjoy their stay in the best way possible. We want nothing but the best for all of our guests who come stay. The housekeeping staff always make sure that each and every room is very clean so that guests can enjoy the freshness in the room. We always want to offer our guests a delicious continental breakfast that they can enjoy before moving in with their day. Please do refer us to your friends and family and we would love to see you again in the future. Also, next time you decide to stay with us, please book your room directly with us as it will make the process a lot easier and we would love to take care of our guests directly.

Antioch, California
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I wish I could give a zero to this hotel. We arrived at the Red Roof Inn (RRI) to check into our room only to be informed they had no reservation in our name. We had booked the room through Priceline several weeks before, and had received two email confirmations from Priceline before our trip. The front desk called the manager out, who also told us there was no reservation. He proceeds to tell me I needed to contact Priceline, which I did. Priceline told me the room had been confirmed, and transferred me to one of their managers. She asked me to hold and she called the RRI manager, where he went to a backroom to take the call. While I was waiting, on hold, in the lobby, a man came in and asked for a room. He was told there were only Kings left at $269, so this made us aware that they did have a room available to us. A few moments later, the Priceline manager came back on my line and told me the manager refused to do business with us (including Priceline) even though he said he had a room for $380 (the price keeps going up), which Priceline said they would pay the difference. Another RRI woman came out, and told me - while I was on the phone with Priceline - that she would give me the room if I put the $380 on my credit card and I could get reimbursed from Priceline on my own. She then proceeds to tell me I should book directly with them next time, not Priceline.

Meantime, the Priceline manager told me she would find me another hotel which they did. On top of all this, the original male manager never came back out to the lobby to speak with me at all, but sent others to do the job. During this whole time, I never lost my temper, for I was too flabbergasted that this was taking place.

I stay in hotels several times a year, but have never been treated the way this hotel treated my husband and I. Needless to say, we will be doing business with Priceline again, but not with a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank epbkm
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Peggy,

I am the general manager here and I want to apologize for the situation that occurred on August 3rd. I request you to understand the following fact: First you found out and agreed that we did not have a soft copy or hard copy of your reservation in our system, which you made through Priceline when you came to check-in. Then you called Priceline from our office, and we received a fax after your conversation with Priceline without providing any guaranteed payment method from Priceline. So at this point, we both agreed that this location was not handling your reservation, but it was handled by Priceline with CRS of RRI. So it was a big mistake from their end.

Yes we said that there was one last mini-suite available with a rate of $269. Even though we were not part of this situation, we were ready to accept your reservation. Unfortunately, after your conversation to Priceline, they were not providing a credit card to us. You also refused to pay us directly. So we had no way to overrule the policy and let you check-in without any money.

It was Saturday and my representative spoke to Priceline requesting them that if you provide a credit card now, we will still go ahead and consider their check-in. The Priceline rep. said that he cannot provide a card but on Monday, we may be able to do it. According to you, the Priceline rep. provided a credit card at another hotel for your stay, so why could they not provide us a credit card? So I do not understand why we were getting blamed for this situation.

Now you please tell us was it possible for us to let you check-in in this situation? And who will be responsible for the related accounting process?

Kindly understand the situation and we want to apologize for any inconvenience. I hope that any misunderstanding or confusion that you have should be cleared out. Again, I personally feel sorry for the incident that occurred.