“Great People/Clean and Comfortable Accomodation”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Inn and found the staff to be very nice and helpful. We were there for the MOTOGP races in July 2013.So if any of your MOTOGP fan need a comfortable and affordable place to stay let me suggest this Red Roof INN on Fremont St. Every night on our return our room was cleaned with fresh towels. The Inn is near shopping, food and down the street from Cannery Row.The Inn is quiet and comfortable. We have made our reservations for next year and maybe visit again before the race. Thanks to the Staff of Red Roof INN. Lori

Room Tip: Just ask any of the staff they are so nice and helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Lori,

We are so delighted that you have given us a perfect rating based on your experience. We are so glad that we can provide you with the best possible guest service during a busy weekend such as the Moto GP Race. My housekeeping staff works extremely hard to make sure that all the rooms are nice and clean when customers get back from a long day. Also, my staff and I want to make sure that we can accommodate guests in the most convenient way after they have been out all day. We want to do everything we can to help them relax and have a goodnight stay. We are also glad to hear that you loved the location of the hotel, because it is very convenient for all of your guests. We appreciate that you have suggested our hotel for other guests so that they can have the same great experience as you. We are more than happy to have you back again next year for the races and are proud that you have already booked your reservations with us next year. Any other time you want to come stay with us again, please book directly with our hotel, that way my staff and I can take care of you in the best possible manner and accommodate you right away so you do not run into any issues. Please refer us to your friends and family as well and we cannot wait to see you next year for the races or anytime sooner.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I travel from the east coast in which this hotel is very popular. Since I was visiting I thought to come here. I called first before I arrived just to make sure they had rooms available. The man that answered seem kind of rude and agitated. When I arrived he asked me to write a review. As for the service it was poor, the rooms were spacious & very clean. The location is awesome, near the beach and lots of food restaurants. I wouldn't recommend those that have cell phones with ridiculous service because I had none. I had to constantly walk outside to my car to talk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are greatly appreciated that you wanted to share your thoughts about your experience staying with us. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the big space of the room. My housekeeping staff works very hard everyday to make sure that each room is cleaned properly. We sincerely apologize if you did not experience the best possible guest service. We always try to work hard to improve our guest service and that is something that we can improve everyday. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property, as it is very convenient for all of our guests. Also, we are sorry to hear that you did not receive any cell phone service, but we never had that issue with any of our guests before. We do want to give you the best possible guest service, so we want to make our adjustments and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

great service at check in.
location is a bit far from the monterey attractions but fine if you have a car.
beds had blankets with cigarette burns. sheets were threadbare on my bed. room smelled of urinal disinfectant. only 2 skinny pillows per double bed. power button on tv remote didn't work.
No hot water available on the evening we got there although it was on again for the morning.
stayed in room 215 and checked out after 1 night as it was unacceptable for a hotel to be this shabby in 2013.

1  Thank Reservoirpup
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please let me revise my previous response as follows:

Your reservation was paid by Travelocity for two nights. The next morning, you were asking Neil (GM) that you were not planning on staying and were asking for a refund. He advised you to go through the travel agent, as you were not paying us directly. You did not mention any issues during the conversation with Neil, so we assumed that everything was fine and you had no issues as you left happily.

For your information, this hotel is 100% smoke free facility, so we should not have any issues about any cigarette burns anywhere. All of our linens come through Mission Linen Supply, and so far we never had any issues with any linens. The rooms are 100% renovated including furniture, carpet, paint, drapes, bedding and this is also a non-pet room. So there should not be any issues about the smell of urine. I am not sure if these issues came from you, because you may not have received a second night refund from the travel agent. We made an attempt to reach out to you to discuss this matter. Unfortunately, we did not have any contact information including an email.

SORRY,,, but please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or if you want to discuss any further information and we will be more than happy to talk to you.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I decided to use the hotel because of the location, but after we arrived I was glad we chose it. The staff was friendly and the room were great! My family loved the room, especially the jacuzzi. The beds were super comfortable and the room was huge. I was really impressed, it almost felt like home. I would definitely encourage any family to make this their stop if they are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy that you considered our hotel and gave us that perfect rating that we are always trying to achieve. We are located in an amazing location for our guests so that they can enjoy the city with their friends and family. We are glad that you enjoyed the jacuzzi in our family suite. The family suite is our largest room in the facility with an approximate area of 700 square feet, so we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the space. Please do refer us to your friends and family and we would love for you to come back and enjoy your stay with us again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had two nights here. Our room was a great size and had all the facilities you needed. Excellent customer service and very accommodating. I asked for a special request and they went above and beyond. It's located close to Safeway and 5min to the wharf.

Dear Elliot,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to hear that you chose us out of everybody in town. My staff works extremely hard and always wants to put a smile on each and every guests face when they walk through that front door. We always want to fulfill our guests special requests, because it makes them happy and makes them realize that we want to take care of their every need. Please refer us to your friends and family and we would love to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was beyond wonderful accommodating us on one of the busiest weekends of the year! Stayed in the family suite and it was awesome! Would reccomend our friends and families for sure! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest:

WOW!!!, what can we say but express our utmost gratitude to you for leaving a perfect review. It's a tremendous joy for my entire staff after getting a awesome feedback from you. We are really working super hard to make The Red Roof INN one of the hidden gems and best values to stay in Monterey and reviews like yours really capture our efforts.

Thank You! We'd love to host you again. Next time book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey.com and find our LOWEST RATES!)
Again we appreciate your time and efforts, and requesting you to spread out the words to others. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the family suites, and for the price it was a great value. The staff was very friendly and made us feel appreciated for staying. Next time I come to Monterey I will make sure and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you have given us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. We value all of our guests and we want to make sure that we give them the best accommodation needs as possible. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the family suite. It is our largest room, which is roughly about 700 square feet so there is plenty of room for you to enjoy. We hope that you took advantage of our amazing hot tub as well. We would love for you to come back and enjoy your stay with us. We always want our guests to come back after their first stay. Please refer us to your friends and family and we would love to see you again in the future.