Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$209
$195
Travelocity
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$194
$179
Colton Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$159
$151
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanextra towelsfremont streetflat screen tvquiet locationwould stay here againchecking incontinental breakfastwi ficoffee makerhot tuban upgraderoad tripmicrowavemotelcerealsafeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love this hotel, interior and outdoor view is excellent. love their room amenities. and customer service 24 hr. Very welcoming front service.Been hear long time and feels like a family environment. Timely public bus service in front of the hotel. restaurants are all walking distance. 5 minutes drive to airport and attraction are closer then you think.

In a word everything is in one place...!!!

Room 74
Red Roof Inn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alam-June13
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Mr. Alam:

My entire staff is so much PLEASED by getting a positive feedback for your stay! It's wonderful!

Your comments are so much appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.

We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Came to red roof inn on one of the busiest weekends of the year and was checked right in to the room immediately. Raki, the manager is very friendly and helpful.. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area

• Stayed: May 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest:
WOW!!!, what can we say but express our utmost gratitude to you for leaving a perfect review. We always get a bit giddy when we get these perfect scores because it means so much to us. We are really working super hard to make The Red Roof INN one of the hidden gems and best values to stay in Monterey and reviews like yours really capture our efforts.

Thank You! We'd love to host you again. Please book directly with us to make sure we accommodate per your needs.
Again we appreciate your time and efforts, and requesting you to spread out the words to others. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place was fairly and firmly adequate. The staff were friendly enough checking us in. The room was clean and everything worked - we checked straight away, because there was a big sign in the lobby saying if you didn't report anything as dirty or needing repair in the first 30 minutes, tough luck basically. The bed was very comfy, the shower had good water pressure and was hot. The location is great - right near a Safeway, Denny's, and the bus stop for the Jazz route that goes to the aquarium.

The only things that weren't so great was that the coffee in the rooms was like paint stripper - I know it's never very good quality in places like this, but this was the worst I'd ever had. Also, the internet, although not too bad at first, became almost unusable over time - dropping out every 5 minutes, only 1-2 bars of signal - it was very frustrating in the evenings when we tried to plan our schedule for the next day,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to give us your feedback. It's very appreciated as it's always encourage us towards leading the improvement of our service.
In regards to your concern about coffee, we'll definitely follow up with supplier because it comes in form of packets from vendor and we not able to do any modification on it. We'll sure take care of it.
2nd: I apologize for the WiFi that has intermittent issue, but it's resolved now. We'll make sure it won't occur again!
I truly appreciated your business and hoping that you will give us one more opportunity to serve you!
Please contact us on your next visit to Monterey, CA: and we promise that we'll do our absolute best to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The room was comfortable and spacious, with amenities that I simply didn't have time to use all of – I was on the go during my whole stay. But the Red Roof Inn was a nice place to "come home" to at the conclusion of my activities, and settle in for the night.

The staff was friendly, and made booking the room on a moment's notice into a hassle-free experience.

I slept soundly, with little or no noise from the traffic on Fremont Blvd.

Why 4 out of 5 stars? The wi-fi service was weak, on the night I stayed, and I could not use my online device as I'd planned. It simply meant an earlier bedtime. Also, the hot water was "iffy" on Sunday morning, probably from excessive use by the other guests.

Otherwise the room was worth well over what I paid for the night's stay. This is definitely one of the better hotel choices available in Monterey, if the high-end waterfront establishments are out of your price-range.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Foster:
First off, I'd like to thank you for making us one your choices along your road trip. It means a lot to us when our guests can tell us about their experience here at the Red Roof Inn, Monterey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your fair /honest feedback.
Regarding your concerns of WiFi and a hot-water, we'll take a action to make sure it won't be repeated again.

Regards,
Neil (GM)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Been on the road 5 days. Nicest place we've stayed so far. Nice rooms and friendly service. The proprietor obviously takes pride in the establishment and isn't afraid to spend some money to keep it up. That being said, it is one of the most affordable places in Monterey.

• Stayed: May 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

First off, I'd like to thank you for making us one your choices along your road trip. It means a lot to us when our guests can tell us about their experience here at the Red Roof Inn, Monterey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and also that you noticed the work we have been putting into the property for the last several months. If you ever come by Monterey again, we would love for you to stay with us. Please don't hesitate to give us a call prior to coming in and we will gladly take care of you. Until then happy travels and drive safe! Thanks again!

Regards,