“Much Improved Motel”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This motel is nicely renovated, quiet and comfortable with good beds and nice big LED TV. The lady at the front desk, Maria, is very sweet and accomodating. She know what customer service is. Red Roof is one of the only chains that don't charge extra for pets which we much appreciate since our dog is cleaner than most people and we resent having to pay $10 to $30 extra for him.

Room Tip: Book on line with all the discounts.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a simple motel along a street full of motels. It is well-run, with efficient check-in and check-out. The room wasn't in perfect shape, but it was appropriate for the cost, and everything worked.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I have been coming here for 4 years now. I have to say this is a huge improvement over what it used to be. I remember we came here last year in July and this place was worn down. I didn't realize they had gone through renovation! It is much nicer and cleaner than it used to be. The eighties looking pictures are definitely outdated. Our room looked really nice and we even had flat screen TV. The only thing I wish we had was an AC because it got a little warm in our room. But I'm not complaining, we had a good time and plan on coming back in December for Christmas!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was in Monterey to play golf at and decided to stay overnight so i drove up and down Fremont street. I pulled into the Red Roof, i was a bit skeptical since i have never stayed there. The attendant who checked me was very courteous and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised when i checked into my room. The room was spacious and clean. The internet was very fast as well. I strongly recommend this place. I will plan to stay there anytime i get to Monterey. it was a wonderful experience and I strongly recommend the Red Roof Inn to anyone looking for value in the Monterey area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

O.K. let me begin by saying this wasn't my first time staying at the Cypress Tree Inn but it was my first time since the remodeling. Now, call me weird but I liked the look that the inn had before it's makeover. It had this quaint 1950's feel to it that was somewhat Sinatra. It was never run down and always clean. That begin said, The look of the new inn is fresh, hip and neo. The Inn's manager, Nell made me feel like an old friend coming to visit for a couple of days more than a customer. This is the type of place I have recommended to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

the hotel was clean and tidy
staff were excellent
ideal position
park your car and is a nice walk to the habour with no parking charges
wish we could have stayed longer there, will do on the next visit to the usa

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed in room 116 on 09/28/12 at the Red Roof Inn in Monterey. The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was extremely helpful and nice! The location is a little off from the beach, but easy driving distance. There are a lot of restaurants on the road the Red Roof is located, which was convenient! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family