“Great base for Monterey”
Review of Colton Inn

Colton Inn
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The welcome on arrival was warm and friendly and the room was well presented and a good size. The motel is conveniently located a short walk from the center of Monterey (5-10 mins) and Cannery Row (20 mins). Our only issue was occasionally noise levels, the walls are not particularly well sound proofed but not such a big issue that we would be prevented from choosing this motel in the future. Arrangements for breakfast are unusual but the selection is perfectly adequate to get you going in the morning.
All in all we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend the Colton Inn to anyone traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the main road and may be noisier, we had a room at the rear.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Within walking distance of the wharf, great value at a government rate, very friendly check in, cookies and coffee. Room was clean if utilitarian, and quiet, so good for a business trip. Free parking and wireless.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived at the Colton Inn around 9pm and was immediately welcomed with friendly and helpful service from a clerk named John. He explained this to us like places to eat in the area and things that the hotel had to offer like free movies, snacks like fruit and cookies, free parking, and free continental breakfast.

The cookies were GOOD and the breakfast was more than enough. The dvd list is extensive but we didn't take advantage of that.

The room that we were given was rather large. Did not expect that for the rate that we paid. And it's rather nice. A LOT of open space but a good amount of furniture too. Really nice. My one gripe with the room was that the toilet flushing system was rather weak.

The next morning another gentleman in the office helped us get a 2 days for the price of one deal for the aquarium. And just like John, he was pretty awesome too.

We had a lovely stay at the Colton Inn.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, Clean comfortable rooms and continental breakfast, There is a fire which is easily lit. No air conditioning but as the temp was mild we did not need it, short walk to the bars and shops

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here for a few days, and overall it was pretty average. The location from the major attractions was great. Monterey has a free trolley shuttle thing that can take you to the major spots, and it is just a few blocks from the hotel.

When I got to the hotel and got into my room, it was steaming hot. This was the middle of summer, so naturally I went for the AC, but to no avail as they do not have AC. So then i attempted to open the windows but found the little cranks to be either broken or very hard to open. And on top of that they made the windows (or attempted to make them) to where they can only open up a few inches. That and the water would be warm, then cut to cold for a minute or so, then go back to warm, then cut back to cold, ect ect.

I did like the movie selection, but the breakfast downstairs was hit or miss depending on when you got there. If its towards the end, there isn't much left. The cookies in the afternoon were amazing!

I got this deal on Hotwire, so I didn't choose it. I would say for the price I paid it was a good find, however, if you pay the rate they are charging on the website I would say you would have better luck somewhere else. I would say it was an average stay, nothing that warrants 5 stars. The only reason I gave it 4 is free parking. I am sick of paying for parking in California!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel for the 4 th of July weekend. It was perfect. Our room was large and had a fire place. I did ot hear any of the other people in the rooms next to ours. The breakfast they have is more than enough. Hot coffee in the morning. They have cookies and fruit in the afternoon. Location is great. The people that work here are very nice and very helpful. Loved our hotel, I felt like we got a great value.
Places I would recommend to eat while you are here. All need reservations for dinner. The food we had was amazing.
Dinner
Breakfast
First Awakings

2  Thank todarcie
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Booked this hotel on Hotwire and was originally disappointed. I was wrong. Great hotel at a reasonable rate, $97/night. Not too far from all the things to do in Monterey but far enough to be quiet. The continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise and free parking is always a plus. Did have an issue with towels, kind of weird, both night we stayed, housekeeping did not leave enough towels for our family and left no hand towels or washcloths. Minor things fixed very quickly by a very apologetic desk attendant named John. He also provided excellent directions for the things we wanted to do.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family