“Coffee Superb just like Caffe Trieste in SF”
Review of Caffe Trieste

Caffe Trieste
Ranked #30 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established in 1956. Caffe Trieste opened the first coffee house on the West Coast in 1956. Since then, Caffe Trieste has been serving up optimum quality Espresso coffee and fabulous music for well over a half a century in San Francisco. Giovanni Giotta - THE FOUNDER, who in 1950 had emigrated to San Francisco, California, from the small fishing town of Rovigno, Italy (now part of Croatia). Missing the espresso houses of Trieste, Italy, Giotta opened his own cafe. Caffe Trieste is said to be the first espresso house on the West Coast. Now, Caffe Trieste brings its fabulous coffee and tradition to Monterey Peninsula. Enjoy superb Coffee drinks, gourmet pastries and a light fare Italian menu in casual setting.
“Coffee Superb just like Caffe Trieste in SF”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Not surprising as they use the same coffee. Modern unlike SF but still with copies of the old Photos of Papa Gianni & family with stars like Pavarotti and Bill Cosby - friendly staff and I'll be back later!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Philip D

Calgary, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Order at the counter and delivered to your table by friendly and cheerful wait staff. My husband and I both ordered the basic brekkie - 2 eggs, sausage patties for him/bacon for me, potatoes and toast. Eggs done exactly as ordered and came with lovely fresh fruit; the potatoes were absolutely delicious. When asked if we needed anything I said ketchup as I always need ketchup on my eggs, potatoes, etc. but everything was so tasty that I didn't touch the ketchup bottle at all. We had three breakfasts in Monterey and this was the best and the least expensive. Our other two were at the Marriott where we stayed and the Schooner. These two were also very good but didn't match up taste-wise to Caffe Trieste. The Marriott was very good for the price; Schooner was also very good but pricey.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank krammajo
Oakland, California
“The best pizza”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is a gem. The food is exceptionally good and so is the coffee. I ordered a chicken pesto pizza and it was perfect. If you are used to Domino's over greased and over cheesed you may not like it, but if you love real pizza, this place is worth a detour as they say in the Michelin Guides.
My son ordered pasta and it too was great. Rare to find al dente pasta in a restaurant. Sauce was fantastic too, fresh ingredients and no overbearing calorie-rich ingredients.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Frank E
Monterey, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I always visit Caffe Trieste when I am in the mood for pasta. They have big portions for a good price. Plus I really like their alfredo dish!

• Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Pepperoni Pizza - Super yum”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My hubby had the pizza and said it's one of the best he's ever had - I thought it was "okay" but he's more into pizza than me.
I had a salad and it was nothing special.
Nice place, looks like they do good pasta as the locals seemed to be ordering this.
Nice coffee too.