“Here 15 years ago and still great”
Review of Liberty Fish Co

Liberty Fish Co
Ranked #109 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A small restaurant on the pier and one we have enjoyed over the years. Still owned by the same family. Great quality food and very friendly service. We love sitting by the window over looking the bay with our clam chowder in a bread bowl. Yum!

2  Thank Rose C

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have only ordered the same two things here-both are just perfect! I get the chowder "boat" (soup in sourdough bâtard) and smoked salmon. It seems like almost every place on the wharf makes very good chowder, and Liberty Fish Co. is no exception. The smoked salmon here is the best I have ever had! Anywhere-ever. I have never encountered a bone in my fish (I'm sure I will eventually) I order it smoked a little on the soft side and it is always delicious and moist-you can pick a piece that has smoked longer if you would like. The place is run by a family and they do their best to make their customers feel welcome. There is casual seating in the back with a great bay view.

2  Thank Diane P
Reviewed November 20, 2013

They usually have everything in seafood that we want. Darn, just missed crab season by one week. Very nice and Friendly people who are Happy to help you. We bought Scallops, Swordfish, Rock cod and Prawns. Are still enjoying our purchase.

2  Thank Orchard Orchid
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Whenever in Monterey, I come here, pay for parking, and walk the wharf to come to Liberty. It is worth every penny! I just love the chowder and usually get a combo cocktail. The view from the dining room is worth it on its own. The food though is the reason I go here. It is just the best. You should give it a try if you find yourself hungry and on the Wharf. The dining room is small, so hit it early or late to get the best seat.

2  Thank kguzzetta
Reviewed June 19, 2013

you know your getting close when you smell the fresh fish and lots of it. frozen fish by the case. All thing that come from the seaare for sale.

2  Thank charlieviewpoint