“Spa? Day?”

Add it.
Sano Spa
Ranked #8 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Monterey
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was fortunate to have a gift certificate so I tried out this Spa? for the first time. The staff was nice and treatment was good and relaxing. But, the facility leaves something to be desired. When you are in the treatment rooms you can hear everything going on outside. One of my pet peeves. As for facilities - there really aren't any. From the brochure I was aware that there was a jacuzzi tub but I was not shown where this was or told about it. No sauna or steam area, which I enjoy post-massage. The adjacent hotel has a pool area but they did not offer this as an amenity either. If you want a massage and aren't looking for a full on spa experience this place is just fine. If you are looking for a full on experience there are lots of other options in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This spa is next to the hotel and came recommended. We had a couples massage, and it was very nice. We had gone in the day before and were quoted a price. The hotel gave us coupons as well. When finished they asked if we wanted our room charge and we agreed. On check out the massage was more than quoted and they had not mentioned that was was a large gratuity added.

I will say that after we called them on it they refunded us the extra charge. The hot tub only seats 4 people in a closed in patio that needs so care. The "waterfall" is just water running off a piece of metal. Nothing to shout about!

1  Thank RobinW104
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Treatment much shorter than it was supposed to be. No spa "facilities" like steam or sauna, only an jacuzzi in a run down garden. Small locker room, waiting area has comfortable chairs, but it is in the hallway. Mediocre treatment and service. Front desk run by teenagers who don't know and don't care. There is no food served at the hotel during the day.

Here's the details:

My friend and I both had discount deals to use at this spa (hers from some other website). I had the Groupon for an 80 minute message, and added "enhancement" that I chose to be a foot scrub, and a glass of champagne. The only appointment we could get was at 10am on a Sunday. When we arrived just after 9:30, we found out the spa did not actually open until 10am. By the time the spa opened, we checked in, were showed the locker room, changed, filled out paperwork and got comfortable in the treatment room, it was well after 10:30. Following the treatment I rested for a few minutes, put the robe back on, refilled my water and made my way back to the locker room. I then checked the time on my phone that was in the locker, and the time was 11:29 am. Meaning, the 80 minute message plus enhancement was actually less than 60 minutes. When I complained to the front desk, she said "you got out on time". And said I already got a discount and she could offer me a glass of champagne, but there was supposed to be a glass of champagne included in the deal. Never did they mention the spa did not open until 10am or the time it took to check us in would be deducted from the treatment time. My friend had an additional 25 minute treatment and was finished shortly after me.