“GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
MontereyDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Monterey Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed March 20, 2013

For $60 I got a nice clean room. Plus I showed up at 2:00 and even though a person isn't supposed to check in until 3:00, the man let me in early. I thought that was great because I needed a nap. I honestly diid not try the breakfast because I was up at 5:00AM to head out fishing. I thoight it was a good price and itwas near the downtown and the Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We were happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and found great value with the rates that you paid. We look forward to seeing you on your next fishing trip! Thanks again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in the annex rooms across the road on Munras, 2nd floor nice clean large room with a bay window.
There was an elevator which was good as we had heavy bags and an infant child to cope with.
The beds were comfortable.
The TV didn't work initially, but after calling the front desk a staff member arrived very quickly and fixed the problem which was something to do with the Cable.
The breakfast room was inconvenient as it is in the main building, the food was basic and the bagels seemed a little stale.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
MontereyDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Monterey Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review of your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. I see that you stayed in one of our Ocean View rooms which are very popular for there additional size and views of Monterey Bay. We appreciate your suggestions as we are always looking to improve our services. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was a solo traveller. I wanted something of a reasonable price since there was only me. This hotel is within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, the Aquarium etc. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and even a Trader Joe's (which I used). The room is not at all fancy....perhaps even a little 'dated' but the price was very good. Bed comfortable. Breakfast OK for a quick start to the day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your most recent experience at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We are always pleased to hear that a guest finds good value at our location. Our staff works hard so that each guest experience is enjoyable so that they will choose our hotel for future stays. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the great surrounding as we are walking distance to the many shops and dining of Downtown Monterey and Fisherman's Wharf. we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here one night while visiting Monterey. Nice clean room with hot shower at very good rate. Breakfast is OK, but if you need more there is Danny's just around the corner. Location is good, walking distance to the warf, Trader Joe's just 2 blocks away. At one point I wanted to ask front desk clerk for directions, but there was no one at the desk, I waited for a bit and then left.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Monterey.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms are generally clean, good hot tub with great jets. Your typical continental breakfast. Basic bathroom. Good fan/heater in room. Outside entering units which is nice. So, as you can see- hotel did the trick for a good rate.

HOWEVER, the service sucked. When we arrived the front desk man literally said two words two phrases, "Name, and Credit card" He then handed over a form, with literally no explanation of what should be signed, ran the card and placed the receipt in front of me for signing then gave me one loose key and said my room number and waited for me to leave.
I had to ask where my room was, where we parked, what time was check out, did they have a hot tub, etc. He looked at me like I was a total pain and being ridiculous and gave me one word curt answers. Then also provided the wrong time of closing for the Hot Tub- and literally no explanation of where it was, if we needed towels etc.

I don't think it is asking a lot to be told where your room is located and what the basic services are at the hotel. And, if you don't want to explain all that- at least give me the time of day when I ask.

Also- we were staying one night and checking out in the morning. Housekeeping showed up before 9:00 for cleaning- why would they come clean your room before you have checked out, and before 9:00am. Check out guests obviously aren't going to need a room cleaning before they leave.

Accommodations do the trick and provide a restful night of sleep- but don't expect anything more beyond that.

Room Tip: Lots of activity in the morning, second floor rooms are likely quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities our hotel offers. I was disappointed to hear the level service you experienced while staying with us. I can assure you that this is not normal and that we take providing excellent customer very seriously as seen in the countless reviews complimenting our service level. I will take this back to our staff as we are always trying to improve our guest service. Thank you.