Monterey Hotel
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$124
$422
$269
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
ComfortInn
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$196
Travelocity
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
Travelocity
All reviewshistoric roomsgreat locationhistoric sectionfisherman's wharfstreet noisefarmers marketfireplace suiteantique furniturecharming hotelrooms are smallalvarado streetbagelscontinental breakfastwalking distancevalet parkinglight sleeperfree trolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My fiancee and i traveled here in late September for two nights in a king room overlooking the main street. We loved the old world charm of the hotel and had a great stay. I had seen a lot of complaints about the noise, but for anyone who has lived in a city before it is quite calm. The staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast a great big plus. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Monterey and everything is an easy walk from the hotel including fishermans wharf, the monterey aquarium, and cannery row. There is also a great farmers market that sets up every week with great food and entertainment. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, but the higher up you are the better the bay view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was having difficulty finding somewhere in the Carmel/Monterey area for the weekend and I needed two rooms [didn't realise that the jazz festival was on!]
The hotel is old and quaint, situated on the main street [Alvarado Street] - it is beautifully clean, the rooms are in need of a little updating but fine, the staff were very friendly and helpful BUT....
if you stay here do not under any circumstances allow them to give you a room which faces the street! The noise levels at night are horrendous - the earplugs provided on the bedside table are a big clue - things didn't quiet down until 3am even with earplugs!
the complimentary continental breakfast provided is good but I'm afraid we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: insist on a room at the back!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Lovely Victorian in Downtown Monterey
This hotel is Located in downtown "Old Monterey" I loved it!! The staff was very attentive and our room was lovely... I personally look for unique hotels and this one was perfect. I took my two daughters on a college tour. They thought that that the hotel was great... Plus they found out the hotel was suppose to be haunted which made them want to explore it more... Made it a fun adventure! You can also hear the seagulls which I really enjoyed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda V
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I loved this hotel. I read all the recommendations and was a bit afraid because of the remarks regarding the noise, but decided to go with my intuition and book it anyways. And.... I am so happy I did. I loved it!!! The hotel is lovely, warm, cozy and the staff is great!!! Everything is on walking distance, so that was perfect.

Yes it is an older hotel, but that is the charm. It has a European look & feel and it feels very warm and welcoming (so if you like modern, you should not come here) But although the looks are a bit Victorian age - it reminded me of the older (and good!) hotels in Britain - the room I stayed in was in perfect condition with modern sheets on the bed and all the stuff I needed. It was not a big room, but I did not mind at all. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!! And if you look at the hotel, the location and the price it is not expensive at all.

I went alone and did not mind at all. Although next time I will take my boyfriend, because this is also the perfect hotel for a romantic get away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel a lot for work. I always look forward to my Monterey trips. When I pulled up to this wonderful hotel someone helped me with my bags and parked my car. The check in was nice the front desk gave me some good ideas for dinner. When I got to my room it was so nice and clean. I could tell that there was some personal attention given to my room. I walked down to the wharf. This was a one night stay but it was a treat. I am looking forward to going back very soon,

Room Tip: Call hotel first to ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business