Definately a value for the money. Clean, well maintained and in a quiet residential area. The room was very good - refrigerator, microwave comfortable furnishings. There was nothing of interest to a tourist within walking distance, so it was necessary to use the car all the time.
I would not stay there again unless I could get a second floor room. Too much of the footsteps and "floor noises" came through. At times it seemed like it was a "rent by the hour" establishment. Can't fault the owners for guest behavior, but the upstairs noises combined combined with the fishermen(?) loading their gear and "warming up" the junker diesel pickup early in the a.m. did not make for a good night sleep. But fortunately those guests were there for only the first of the two nights we spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Lodge in Monterey, CA offers the best value for travelers visiting Monterey, CA and the Central California Coast. Conveniently located in Downtown Monterey, The Stage Coach Lodge is off the beaten path in a quiet residential area but right off of Highway 1 and minutes from all of the great amenities Monterey has to offer including Fisherman's Wharf, Carmel, Monterey Bay Aquarium and more. Fully remodeled with nice luxurious touches and offering great rates, The Stage Coach Lodge is a top ranked place to stay in Monterey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Stage Coach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Stage Coach Hotel Monterey
- Americas Best Value Inns Monterey