The location is very good ... right off the highway, nestled next to a quiet neighborhood full of flowers which you'll walk through to get to a nice, large park & Fisherman's Wharf (maybe a 10-minute walk?). The owners were very friendly and helpful. They gave us good recommendations (and discounts) for local restaurants. The wife went over and beyond the call-of-duty when she noticed one of my children's sunburned faces and quickly cut a large stalk of aloe from her garden for us to use to help alleviate the burn for the rest of our travels. So thoughtful! The rooms were just fine. The front lobby was under reconstruction but that didn't affect check-in/out. No pool to speak of but this does not matter with all the great amenities nearby. The small property is nicely landscaped with pretty bougainvilleas, other flowers. My kids loved eating the packaged muffins/danishes. I gravitated to the bananas and apples at breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Lodge in Monterey, CA offers the best value for travelers visiting Monterey, CA and the Central California Coast. Conveniently located in Downtown Monterey, The Stage Coach Lodge is off the beaten path in a quiet residential area but right off of Highway 1 and minutes from all of the great amenities Monterey has to offer including Fisherman's Wharf, Carmel, Monterey Bay Aquarium and more. Fully remodeled with nice luxurious touches and offering great rates, The Stage Coach Lodge is a top ranked place to stay in Monterey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Stage Coach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Stage Coach Hotel Monterey
- Americas Best Value Inns Monterey