Tripadvisor

Electric Bike Tour of Monterey Penninsula

Reviewed November 6, 2019
Adam M
Washington, United States

Recommended experiences in and around Monterey
from $60.52
from $51.00
from $42.06
from $66.93
More Info
All reviews kayak tour dry bag electric bikes monterey bay splash gear mile drive cannery row e bikes great equipment great kayaking lovers point renting bikes life vests kelp beds marine biology two hours pebble beach
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2019

I have been on two Kayaking tours over two years as an out of towner, with John (Stillwater Cove) and Kathy (the one off of Cannery Row). Both are very knowledgeable about the habitat, and just kind. I felt very safe, but I really just enjoyed their company. Being on the water is such a soulful experience and they both added to that and made their tours the highlight of my trip to the coast. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2019

We had a great time on the ebike tour, which we took on October 17. The guided tour followed the coast from Monterey to Pacific Grove, Asilomar, part of 17 mile drive and then back across the peninsula to the starting point. Everyone in the tour group had a good time. The bikes can be used in self-propel mode or pedal assist mode. Anyone who is comfortable on a bicycle can ride one of these. Helmets and gloves are provided, along with a snack to eat along the way. The tour guide stopped us at interesting points along the way and explained some of the history and nature of the area. Adventures by the Sea organizes other types of outings including kayak tours (we only did the bike tour)

Reviewed November 3, 2019

Good for bike hire. My experience at 685 Cannery Row was better than 299 Cannery Row or Alvarado. Staff were pleasant but not overly helpful at the latter two. Guided tours are offered but it depends on interest so they wont go out if there are only one or two. Hiring independently and navigating yourself is perfectly fine though. I cycled from Cannery Row to Lone Cyprus solo and it was fab! The 17 mile drive is breathtaking. $20 for first hour of hire, then $10 per hour thereafter.

Reviewed November 1, 2019 via mobile

From the time I called to reserve out tour w Shaun it was a great experience! Shaun was so accommodating and our guide was very knowledgeable. We saw otters, jelly fish and tons of sea lions and a group swam with us for quite awhile! The water was fairly calm once in the harbor also. Thank you for a memorable day on the beautiful Monterey bay.

Reviewed October 27, 2019

I Kayaked with Paul on Sit on top Kayaks on a 10 am tour. Paul is knowledgeable on the sea life and knew where to spot the otters, sea lions etc. He paddled at a comfortable pace. Would definitely rent from them again. Also very good launch point- half between downtown and the aquarium.