“Average Pub”

London Pub
Ranked #96 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Leandro, California
“Average Pub”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

An average pub with a very friendly staff. We were hungry and our original destination had far too long of a wait, so we ended up at the London Bridge Pub. Charming place with a great view of the marina in between the municipal wharf (which is where this is) and the Old Fisherman's Wharf.

Prices were a little heavy for a lunch, but would have been reasonable for dinner. There was no difference in the lunch and dinner menu from what we could tell.

The cod bites were good - just enough fish for me - and my double cheeseburger (I forget what it was called on the menu) was HUGE! I had to eat a patty of it and take the other patty back to my hotel! The fries were nice big steak fries and they had a good selection of beers.

I will say, while this was perfectly good, there's another English pub nearby that I was much more impressed with, so only 3 stars for this place.

Visited April 2014

California
“London Bridge Pub - Good Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had trouble finding this on Trip Advisor because the name isn't London Pub. It's London Bridge Pub. I had their Pastie with gravy. I thought it was fabulous with a lot of flavor. It's hard to get those right, and the chef did a bang up job on that Pastie. Friends had the seafood sliders and both loved them. Not much seating, the place was packed with people playing Trivial Pursuit, and most not really eating dinner, but taking up space. Definitely need more tables, lose the couches and put tables in so people can eat....just a suggestion. We will go back again when we are in the area for sure.

• Visited April 2014
“Not on your nelly, me ole china plate!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Bar man was friendly!! That's about it. Oh, and after asking several times during the looonnnnggggg wait for our food, they did change the channel and put the baseball on for us.
Waiter can't remember simple instructions like "no ice, please". Food incredibly average and certainly not worth the looonnnnnnggggggg wait. If you class yourself as a London pub, ensure the vernacular is correct - this wouldn't have been an issue if we didn't have a loooooonnnnnggggg wait as we wouldn't have had time to notice such things.
There's better places nearby - like Subway, I'm sure.....

• Visited April 2014
UK
“London in Monterey”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Found this pub unexpectedly this Afternoon. The crab and shrimp sandwich was fresh and tasty, just what you want from a location on the coast.

Visited April 2014
Atascadero, California
“More a visual than gastronomic delight”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The food is average English pub food. But the nautical / British decorations make the place a veritable museum. It was quiet on our Sun. evening, but if all the tables were full it would be quite a ruckus.

Visited October 2013