“Excellent Hotel With Very Friendly Staff”

Monterey Bay Travelodge
Ranked #37 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
Sudbury, Canada
“Excellent Hotel With Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Jennifer at the front desk was awesome!! We were here for two weeks on vacation and she was extremely helpful when there was a problem with the tv in our room. It was promptly dealt with. Any questions were handled politely and with a smile. This is the second year we have stayed at this hotel and we would stongly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I am very happy Jennifer assisted in making your stay more pleasant. I will be sure to pass that along to her! Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us. Nothing is more important to us than your comfort, so I happy to hear you had a good experience with us. Please come back and stay with us again soon. If you do, if there is anything Jennifer and I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask us! It will be our pleasure. Thank you!

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It's a travelodge, so you have to have realistic expectations about decor etc. But we were totally blown away by value for money in the area. Fantastic experience from check in to check out- quick, friendly service, decent and comfortable room, adequate free breakfast, excellent parking. Would recommend and will consider travelodges for future trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel! We do our very best to provide you with a level of quality that, as our guest, you most certainly deserve. I am thankful that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and others. Your input will help us improve the stay of many. If there are any changes you would like to see, please do not hesitate to share them with me. Our goal is to make sure every guest leaves us happy. We hope you will stay with us again soon. If you do, please let me know if I can assist you with anything! It would be my pleasure!

Richmond, California
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I checked in at 8pm, and checked out 15 minutes later. The pet friendly room I reserved was "too" pet friendly; the room stank of foul urine, and the interior was nothing more than four cramped walls and a hard-spring Queen bed reminiscent of a prison bunk.
The amenities included a rundown refrigerator, a Turn-Table microwave with the wrong plate, a dank bathroom which seemed installed on a second thought, and a view even a submariner would find dissagreeable. I would've honestly been better off in a tent outside than one night in this hellhole.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Frizzlefloyd
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologize you were so disappointed with our hotel. We want each and every one of our customers to have an excellent experience with us, and I am sorry that this was not the case for you. You can be sure I have spoken to my housekeeping staff, and we are working of fixing the problem. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

When another hotel in the area let us down Travelodge came through. Daisy at the front desk was so helpful, and kind. She found us a pet friendly room for a great price on short notice. She made an extra effort to give us a room on the bottom floor for easy pet access.

The room was clean and larger than expected for a great price.

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Monterey Travelodge is your place.

Thanks Daisy for making my girlfriends birthday trip!

• Stayed February 2014
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear you both enjoyed your stay. Had I known it was Ms.Bell's birthday, I would have wished her a happy one!! I'm glad you found our rooms comfortable. We try our best to make sure our guests have a great experience. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! It certainly made my day! I hope you both return to our hotel again soon. Let me know if I can help you in any way. It would absolutely be my pleasure. And bring your pug with you! I will have a treat waiting for him. Thank you again for you kind review, and Happy Valentine's day!

Reno
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Pretty nice hotel. Room was drafty, but the weather was nice so it wasn't a problem. Short drive to cannery row & the fisher mans wharf.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I understand that writing a review can be time consuming, and I very much appreciate your thoughts. It is our goal to provide every guest with the best experience possible. Please let me know what we could have done to make your stay more pleasant. As our guest, nothing is more important than your comfort. We are going through some major updating, so we hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. We are working on providing a level of quality you will enjoy even more. If there ARE some changing you would like to see, please let me know! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Upon your return, please do not hesitate to ask me for anything. I am at your service.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Nice and clean place with friendly staff I spent very nice weekend with my small family in safe area ,it is not too far from Monterey bay aquarium and fisherman,s wharf, next time I will stay a week thanks for all

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your thoughts are very important to us, so thank you for sharing them! Nothing makes us happier than to hear you will be returning. As your comfort is our main priority, please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with on your next stay. It would be my pleasure serving you! Thank you again for your kind review, and we look forward to see you again soon!