We went for a short trip to Monterey. This was the only "affordable" hotel that we can get that takes both of our dogs. The place was not too bad, but here are the minuses:
1) direct flight path for planes landing in Monterey
2) planes were landing all the way up to 11 PM, and started again right around 6 AM
3) did I mentioned direct flight path which requires a lot of confidence in all the pilots that were landing at this airport
4) the free breakfast was the worst we've had. Very little choice, and lousy coffee. How could you mess up on coffee ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bask in the sun at our Monterey Bay Travelodge hotel near Monterey Bay Aquarium. Our hotel in Monterey, CA is just five minutes from Fisherman's Wharf and Pebble Beach, and only two miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Get an early morning boost with free Bear Bites continental breakfast. Before you head out for the day, enjoy a workout in our fitness center, check your email with free high-speed Internet access or prepare meals using your in-room microwave and refrigerator. After a long day of sightseeing, go for a swim in our heated seasonal outdoor pool from May to November, and doze off on your pillow-top mattress. Our pet-friendly hotel offers express checkout, guest laundry services, 24-hour front desk service and ample parking for oversized vehicles. Balcony rooms and rooms with views of the pool and courtyard are available at our hotel in Monterey, CA. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Immerse yourself in the rich heritage on the Path of History tour, where you can walk through adobe homes. Peek into one of the largest aquarium windows in the world at Monterey Bay Aquarium, and explore the underwater world of penguins, white sharks and sea otters. Browse a unique array of stores, sail through the harbor and go on a whale watching cruise at nearby Fisherman's Wharf. Enjoy fresh seafood with a scenic view at one of the many waterfront restaurants. Spend an afternoon on the greens at Pebble Beach Golf Links, or visit Point Sur Lighthouse, which stands atop a volcanic rock. DINING OPTIONS Sit back and relax with a plate of fresh sushi at Oh! Sushi Japanese Restaurant, located on-site. Enjoy tasty dishes at Chef Lee's Mandarin House, next door to our hotel in Monterey, CA. Take your family for a hearty, homecooked meal at Rosine's Restaurant, just one mile away. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIES Our Monterey, California, hotel offers a business center with fax and copy services. Meeting and banquet space are also available. HOTEL INFORMATION We allow one free parking space per occupied room for special events. Please ask our staff for details on additional parking fees for special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Bay Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Monterey Bay Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Travel Lodge
- Monterey Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Monterey