“Unforgettable!”

Monterey Original Walking Tours
Ranked #12 of 42 Tours in Monterey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to see Monterey is up close and on foot with the Original Monterey Walking Tours. Our tours are informative, entertaining and fun for all ages. See why our Cannery Row Walking Tours and Historic Monterey Walking Tours have earned us the tripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence five years in a row.. Join a scheduled tour or book a private tour for your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Littleton, Colorado, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the most interesting and thorough tours I've ever had the pleasure of taking! I'm not a huge Steinbeck scholar and was only vaguely familiar with his work. However, our wonderful guide made Cannery Row come to life. Just could not have been better! I had to drag my husband and he ended up loving it as much as I did. If you like history and getting a local perspective- don't miss this tour.

5 attraction reviews
“Excellent historical overview of Monterey Bay”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I had a great morning walking the streets of Monterey with Tom. We learned a lot, and the tour was a perfect length. Tom gave us a good recommendation for lunch as well, at the Sandbar. This tour should definitely be on your list of things to do in Monterey.

Visited June 2013
Belmont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a fun-informative walk”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My two daughters and I enjoyed our tour with Thom. The history of early California was presented in a memorial way as we walked through a part of Monterey that was new to us. We enjoyed the humor and candid trivia along with historical truth. A must for the local and visitor.

San Jose, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent, informative walking tour of Monterey”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our group of four were the only persons on the tour a couple of weeks ago, so we had a very personalized experience. Thom certainly knows his history and explains it in a very interesting and clear manner. The walk is leisurely and very easy. We had a wonderful time, and Thom even gave us a good recommendation for lunch.

Marina, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“I'm no history buff, but this was awesome!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really had a blast on this walking tour! I have lived in Monterey for 10 years and in California for my entire life. I decided to treat myself to being a tourist for the weekend and this was the perfect way to enjoy downtown Monterey and learn a lot more about Monterey and California history while being outside and getting in a light walk. Thom was wonderful and has a ton of fantastic stories. Now when I walk or bike through my own town I appreciate it so much more! I can't wait for the next time my parents visit, I will take the tour again with them for sure!

Visited December 2012