“A must in Monterey.”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A must in Monterey.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would definitely recommend this for all travelers. Good, fresh fruits and veg. Some Cooked food too. There is an Indian stall in the end, across the pinkberry. they serve some good spicy food.
If not buy you can try samples at all stalls. I would happily buy directly from farmers and they can answer any questions. It's good for both of us. I get fresh food, I can see where its coming from and the farmers get money directly avoiding the agents. Usually its same day picked fruits. I walk over to many stalls and buy couple of things and eat cooked food from various stalls and my dinner is done with variety of dishes. Best in Monterey!!! Thanks to the city and the farmers.

Visited July 2013

Seaside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Entertainment and fresh food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Generally just a fun scene on Tuesdays-go for a few excellent baked goods, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit and some decent live music. The veggies and fruit can be a little on the pricy side, but certainly no worse than Whole Foods. If you poke around a little, there is some competition on pricing as well, and at least the dollars are going to be spent closer to the farmer, and a lot higher quality than the mainline supermarkets. The doodads (toys, jewelry etc ) tend to be of varying quality so we skip that part. And when you have finished, you can pop into any number of good coffee houses for a drink.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank homer a
Chico, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Farmers Market”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Someone recommended this so I had to go. Food galore so you won't go away hungry. Fresh fruit and vegetables everywhere you look. Tried a few samples. I loved the pecans from Jeffrey's Best. He gave me a card and I'm ordering some online tonight. We had already eaten dinner so we didn't have room for much. Loved the music and especially the atmosphere. We will be back.

Visited March 2013
New Albany, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Farmers Market”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I used to live in Monterey and loved going to the Farmers Market on Tuesdays and Thursdays downtown. I had the opportunity to go back and visit and it is just the same as I remember. Wonderful food, fresh fruit and vegetables and lots of vendors with local unique art and jewelry to choose from.

Visited March 2012
Adelaide, Australia
513 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,046 helpful votes
“A Monterey MUST! Weekly on Tuesday afternoon- an authentic Farmers' Market offering great atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a well supported Farmers' Market in the heart of Monterey.

It's well worth visiting to experience local atmosphere, and mingle with the locals.

The produce generally appears to be of excellent quality.

Well worth visiting!