“Tasty Sandwiches and Salads, GF Diners Beware”
Review of Erik's Delicafe - CLOSED

Erik's Delicafe
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: You have various other locations for Erik's Delicafe listed on TA, but not the Monterey location (I believe this particular branch is a franchise). It is a really great place to eat, totally unassuming, I could have walked right by and never stopped in. Service was wonderful, food was amazing, and I think more folks visiting Monterey need to know about this location. It's really "good", delicious food that anyone can turn to if they're not comfortable with experimenting with other restaurants in the area.
Denver, Colorado
“Tasty Sandwiches and Salads, GF Diners Beware”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had lunch here. Everyone enjoyed the food. Each sandwich and salad was made fresh to order, and service was quick. If you are a gluten free diner, please beware. The website seems to say all of the right things in regard to providing a safe gluten free meal, but the staff had no idea how to do this. They reached into the GF bread bag using the same gloves they used for the regular bread, and put the bread down on the cutting surface that was covered with crumbs. That said, they were willing to start over and have me walk them through a proper procedure and I did not get sick.

They offer a good selection of sandwich choices and all of the ingredients seemed very fresh.

• Visited December 2012

Monterey
“Love Erik's Deli”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been to many Erik's locations in the Bay Area. They never disappoint. That is what is so good about them. It is the consistency. Get a sandwich with character and you can't go wrong.

Visited September 2011
“Great Sandwiches, Decent Salads”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I visited Erick's deliCafe in Monterey in June of 2012 with two family members. I had a gluten free sandwich that was very good. The bread held together better than most. The amount of food between the bread was more than adequate. It was fresh and tasty.

Cole slaw - I usually love cole slaw. This was a different style from what I usually have and although it was tasty and high quality it wasn't what I was expecting.

My lunch partners enjoyed the sandwiches and salad that they had.

Service was so-so. My dining companion's salad was forgotten. Once it was brought to their attention they hopped on it.

Atmosphere was nice. The old pictures on the wall reflected the history of the town in which the restaurant was located.

• Visited June 2012
California
“Yummy salad and sandwich to go”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stopped in and grabbed these items before our drive home to southern CA. The food was quite good and reasonably priced.
Very convenient at the end of my walking tour of the State Historic Park buildings.

Visited May 2012
Camarillo, California
“Some good sandwiches and soups.”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Order at the counter and they bring food to you. Good bread. Average wraps and pita. I would avoid those. Three or four vegetarian sandwiches and two or three soups. Salads are fresh. Good iced tea! If you like pickles, you get a spear with your sandwich and can buy a whole big one.