“Stale food”

Lopez Restaurant & Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Lopez Restaurant & Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Monterey, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stale food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had gone for a Birthday party & my friend ordered the Burrito which was served cold.
One of the margarita's had some kind of flies in them.My food was stale too which I threw up after I came home.Agreed it wasn't busy but come on a customer is a customer & if he or she likes the food they will come back for more & recommend to others.
I think they should concentrate more on the quality of food.

Visited October 2012

Laguna Woods, CA
“Excellent and Affordable”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this little gem of a Mexican restaurant in Monterey. The prices were extremely affordable and the food was very good. Quick service, too. Highly recommend if you are on a budget.

Visited October 2012
rdwarriorcal
“Great food and gluten free accommodation”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've been to Lopez Restaurants twice. The first time was "by accident" and the second time was purpose. That is saying something in view of all of the great restaurants in Monterey.

Both times Lopez accommodated my gluten free needs and my wife's habit of ordering something that is almost on the menu. I guess I'm a bit guilty of that, too. The chicken burrito would have been perfect, but flour tortillas are definitely on the taboo list. I asked the waitress if the kitchen could make a gluten free burrito by just putting the burrito filling on the plate and giving me corn tortillas on the side. What was delivered was even better. The kitchen managed to wrap the burrito filling into two slightly overlapping large, soft corn tortillas. Accompanying the open-ended burrito ( eat with knife and fork) were rice and beans. The meal was totally delicious.

My wife's almost-on-the-menu vegetarian option was also perfect.

Our friendly waitress told us that all of the restaurant people - wait staff and cooks - were all family members.

Next time we are in Monterey on vacation we'll come again.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank rdwarriorcal
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great tasting food!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We picked this restaurant for our first night in Monterey based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was supposed to open at 5. We were walking into the restaurant at 5pm with the staff.

If you're looking for great tamales , this is the place!

• Visited July 2012
Houston
“Avoid”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went because of reviews. First, let me say being from Texas I find it hard to find good mexican food in California.

Beef fajitas was chopped meat, onions and bell peppers. There was no charring of the meat, must have been made on a griddle. Tasteless. The beans were navy beans not refried pinto beans.

• Visited July 2012