“Dirty with overpriced margaritas”
Review of El Mariachi Restaurante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Mariachi Restaurante
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stopped in for nachos and a margarita and were not pleased. The restaurant, and bathrooms, were dirty. We ordered a margarita and for ten dollars were expecting something a little bigger and better. Would not go here again.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

The food was great, at least the times I've gone. This last time I went, I had the "fajitas trio" and they were very tasty...they were brought out still sizzling on the hot pate! I've also had the chicken enchiladas and they were just divine. The sauce on the enchiladas was surprisingly good for such a touristy location, I figured they would have really generic bland sauce but was just delicious and I will definitely come back for the food! But the entertainment is definitely a plus as well. They had a mechanical bull that I got to ride for free just got eating there! The staff was very friendly, always had a smile. This last time I sat at the "tequila bar" area and it was almost overwhelming, the variety of tequilas they have there!
All in all, great place, tourist location but still has great quality.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

From the outside and the menu this restaurant appeared to be good, however I felt a bit uneasy as we went in and the place was deserted... a bit strange for a restaurant on such a touristy street. The staff were friendly but the food was appalling. The worst Mexican food I've ever had - the burritos weren't real burritos and had a funny taste, the food was lukewarm. We left worrying that we might be ill later on from the meals. Luckily we were ok, but it put a bit of a damper on our visit to Monterey as we were only there for one night.

1  Thank Suzyska
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We were on a bus tour to Monterey Aug. 13, 2007 and this restaurant was recommended by our bus driver. Not having much time to look around, we decided to catch a quick bite. When we checked in with the hostess, we told her we were with this tour before she seated us. We sat and waited over 10 minutes without being acknowledged while other customers came in after us and were taken care of. I flagged the hostess and expressed this concern and she went into the kitchen, not to be seen again. My husband & I decided to leave. When I went to the hostess station, she said she told someone we needed service. When I asked to speak with the manager, she did not show.After waiting another few minutes, we left and let the bus driver know about our experience. All he could say is the owners were not in that day, which is obviously a poor excuse for horrible service. We wasted 20 minutes of a beautiful day.