“Trendy and Friendly!!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Lalla Grill is one of my favorite place to dine in Monterey. Although it does not have the charm of some of the beach front restuarants - it's decor explodes with excitement. The lights, art work, chairs, fireplace and even menus were quite swanky... especially for Monterey! My server was HOT and helpful. And after a great dinner, I was even more pleased at the $45 bill for two with cocktail and dessert!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We ordered a bottle of Stephen Vincent syrah/cabernet blend, aged on oak from Napa. We got a bottle of Stephen Vincent 'Crimson' from Napa - no oak evident, neither any syrah(shiraz).

We also ordered a Greek salad each - the menu specifiying that it cintained cherry tomatoes. The salad contained sliced tomatoes; definitely cherry variety.

Menus should reflect what will be served. I fully understand that items may not be available, but expect that the server will so inform me. That did not happen.

The food was OK. Service - satisfactory. Ambience - good. BUT the menu misrepresented what was actually served!!

Reviewed May 15, 2010

We went here during my birthday celebration after a long day in Carmel and wanted to try something within walking distance to our hotel, the Mariposa, also great. The restaurant is decorated beautifully with modern touches and the wait staff was great. The Filet Mignon Steak and Cubon Sandwhich that my boyfriend and I had was delicious and at a wonderful price for this tourist area. We each had 2 drinks, an Large appetizer and our main entrees for about $75.The drinks were about half the bill. Much better than I was researching before we came at other restaurants Though they did not do anything for my birthday, after some obvious hinting from my boyfriend, we were too full and too happy with our meal to care at the end. We ended the night playing chess on the heated patio outside while finishing our drinks. side note lower service rating just because they ignored my birthday.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a place to eat dinner that was close to our hotel. There was a shopping area across the street and we thought we would see if we could find a good place to eat there. What a pleasant surprise. This restaurant was wonderfully decorated, but the best part was the various portion sizes on the menu, you can order as little or as much as you want. They have half salads, full salads, small plates, burgers, mexican food, just a great variety. The food was very good and everyone was happy. I noticed even though this seemed a sophisticated setting, there is a large bar, there were many people with small children there as well.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

I was visiting relatives in the area and they took me to the Lalla Grill for lunch. It was wonderful, from the Raspbery Margarita to the Crabby Squarepants sandwich. We ate on the patio near the fireplace and the atmosphere and food were great. Will definately visit again in the future.