“Nicely renovated decorated rooms - a very comfortable stay”
Review of Hotel Abrego

Hotel Abrego
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We stayed in Hotel Abrego for 2 nights to celebrate our 8 year old daughter's birthday. We picked this hotel because of the fact that the hotel has"newly renovated rooms". The room was very nicely done. The decor was nice and beds comfortable. The front desk receptionist was friendly and professional. The location was convenient enough for Monterey Bay Acqurium and Monterey downtown. The cleaning crew did a nice job cleaning our room the following day. The room itself is comparable to The Clement hotel on Cannary Row and the price is much lower. Overall, we're happy with Hotel Abrego.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 19, 2010

very friendly staff, goregous room, clean and modern, good price, friendly staff, nice hotel. would definately recommend for any type of stay!

Reviewed January 18, 2010

The entire experience here was incredible. We were treated as if we were long-time friends by the entire staff. During check-in, we received a free appetizer gift certificate to be used at the restaurant, which happened to be closing about 10 minutes later. The waitress and chef were happy to accommodate us at the late hours. The chef even delivered the food and checked on us throughout the meal! The food was very good.

The room itself was also incredible. There was a large flat screen tv enclosed in a beautiful wood alcove mounted right above a working fireplace! The bathroom was very fancy with stone walls and a large shower. The bed was also super comfortable.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank jebritt
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Guys if you want to get your partner for sure in the mood or girls if you want to really crank it way up with your mate then this is the place. Beautiful, romantic, and spacious with a great bathtub, fluffy kingly robs, and an alluring fireplace all there so you'll enjoy yourselves to the fullest. To help you get the mood then there is a short walk to downtown nightclubs and trendy restaurants. The front staff to the helpful room-service girl were all sweet, kind and smiling..heck I'm smiling. Just go.

PS, I usually could careless about hotels but I just got home and felt strongly to complement this place.....really its perfect!!

1  Thank LisaNTony
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I very rarely stay in non-chain branded hotels. I took a chance because this hotel looked nice on its website. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel is beautiful. The room I was given was in what I believe was a newly constructed building. Some of the other rooms are in buildings that have been renovated, which I did not see. My room was the MOST comfortable room I've stayed in while being on the road. The decor is relaxing, not abnoxious bright colors like some of the hotels have started using. The room was calming, with a fireplace and huge flat screen tv. There was a large window to get a nice ocean breeze thru the room and a very comfortable chaise lounge sitting by the window. The desk in the room was perfect for work on my laptop and had a comfortable chair. THE BED beats any hotel bed I have can compare it to in recent memory. The bathroom looked picture perfect, modern & comfortable.

My room was spotless when I checked in and each day the room was cleaned perfectly by housekeeping. The staff at the hotel was also impressive. The Front Desk Manager whom I spoke to prior to check in, informed me that information I had been given by about the hotel was incorrect. It turns out that the hotel did not offer microwaves in the rooms. To my surprise, when I arrived in my room, THERE WAS A MICROWAVE! I was blown away. A hotel that takes service that seriously, deserves my business. Ill definately be back.

You wont be dissapointed w/ this place, trust me, I AM PICKY!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RevJoenathan
Reviewed January 12, 2010

This hotel is very nice and a great value. The room we got had a fireplace and it was spacious and clean. The decor is very modern and the shower was very large and nice. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. It has a great Chinese restaurant directly across the street for dinner. It is a little drive to the waterfront (approx. 5 min.)and you don't have any view, but we didn't mind since we did our sightseeing during the day and were at the hotel in the evenings.

Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed in one of their refurbed delux queens and was impressed! Room was not particularly big, but the bed was heavenly and I loved the fire and bathroom complete with fluffy towels and indulgent products. Felt I got a lot of luxe for my £££.