“Sexual encounter(s) by the bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Abrego

Hotel Abrego
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
San Diego
“Sexual encounter(s) by the bay”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Guys if you want to get your partner for sure in the mood or girls if you want to really crank it way up with your mate then this is the place. Beautiful, romantic, and spacious with a great bathtub, fluffy kingly robs, and an alluring fireplace all there so you'll enjoy yourselves to the fullest. To help you get the mood then there is a short walk to downtown nightclubs and trendy restaurants. The front staff to the helpful room-service girl were all sweet, kind and smiling..heck I'm smiling. Just go.

PS, I usually could careless about hotels but I just got home and felt strongly to complement this place.....really its perfect!!

1 Thank LisaNTony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I very rarely stay in non-chain branded hotels. I took a chance because this hotel looked nice on its website. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel is beautiful. The room I was given was in what I believe was a newly constructed building. Some of the other rooms are in buildings that have been renovated, which I did not see. My room was the MOST comfortable room I've stayed in while being on the road. The decor is relaxing, not abnoxious bright colors like some of the hotels have started using. The room was calming, with a fireplace and huge flat screen tv. There was a large window to get a nice ocean breeze thru the room and a very comfortable chaise lounge sitting by the window. The desk in the room was perfect for work on my laptop and had a comfortable chair. THE BED beats any hotel bed I have can compare it to in recent memory. The bathroom looked picture perfect, modern & comfortable.

My room was spotless when I checked in and each day the room was cleaned perfectly by housekeeping. The staff at the hotel was also impressive. The Front Desk Manager whom I spoke to prior to check in, informed me that information I had been given by about the hotel was incorrect. It turns out that the hotel did not offer microwaves in the rooms. To my surprise, when I arrived in my room, THERE WAS A MICROWAVE! I was blown away. A hotel that takes service that seriously, deserves my business. Ill definately be back.

You wont be dissapointed w/ this place, trust me, I AM PICKY!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank RevJoenathan
Reviewed January 12, 2010

This hotel is very nice and a great value. The room we got had a fireplace and it was spacious and clean. The decor is very modern and the shower was very large and nice. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. It has a great Chinese restaurant directly across the street for dinner. It is a little drive to the waterfront (approx. 5 min.)and you don't have any view, but we didn't mind since we did our sightseeing during the day and were at the hotel in the evenings.

London
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed in one of their refurbed delux queens and was impressed! Room was not particularly big, but the bed was heavenly and I loved the fire and bathroom complete with fluffy towels and indulgent products. Felt I got a lot of luxe for my £££.

Carlsbad
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Wow, what a great property. The room was fantastic the details were attended to. One thing to add to the dining room would be tapas instead of dinner or paly around with it some more. We will return with out a doubt.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Concord, CA
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The main reason I picked this hotel was the fact that pets are accepted. As stated, the bed was comfortable and I loved the fact that all the windows and french doors could be opened. However, the service was very poor. I am a single traveler. The whole staff watched as I struggled to get my luggage in by myself, no one even offering to hold the door open. I don't normally cook breakfast for myslef so look forward to a good breakfast when I travel. There was an $11.00 dollar charge for a help yourself type breakfast found at Hampton and Comfort Inn's for free! The 'waitress' was very unfriendly and when I took an extra scone to take to my room for later looked at me as if I were stealing it even though I had already paid the $11.00 and had eaten sparingly.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Abrego on New Year's Eve - would a fantastic hotel for the price. We stayed in a beautiful Queen-sized room - extremely clean and the colour choices for the renovation were beautiful. The fireplace was such an added bonus. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. The desk staff were very accommodating and the whole experience was excellent. I would have absolutely no hestiation staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple