Monterey Bay Sailing
$89.00*
Monterey Bay Sunset Appetizer Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail with confidence on world famous Monterey Bay. Monterey hosts the most bio-dense and bio-diverse ecosystem on the U.S. Pacific coast. Whether you are a complete novice trying sailing for the first time, or an experienced ocean veteran ready to take your seamanship to a higher level, we offer American Sailing Association (ASA) classes taught to your skill level. Monterey Sailing Monterey Bay Sailing is a professional sailing organization established in 1998 whose mission is to offer residents of the Monterey Peninsula communities and visitors an affordable opportunity to sail the central coast. Marine mammals seen frequently include grey, blue and humpback whales who blow, or breach as they migrate with their calves. Sea otters, dolphin and vocal sea lions enjoy one of the most pristine areas of the entire Pacific. On cruises, all sailors are offered a chance to take the helm and discover the grace and beauty of a boat under sail. Choose a captained cruise for a more relaxing voyage in the world's second largest marine sanctuary. Cruises are safe, affordable, family fun for all ages. For sailors who want to become active in the sport, a membership in Monterey Bay Sailing Club reduces the cost of certification courses and bareboat rentals by 50 - 70%. Bareboat rentals are available for non-members who are certified and qualified to bareboat. The Monterey Bay Sailing fleet offers a selection of boats suited to the local conditions. The local conditions are a sailors paradise. Typically, 345 plus days of good to excellent sailing conditions predominate annually. The prevailing west to northwest wind ranges predictably from 8-15 knots. The ASA sailing school is instructed by professional sailors with decades of experience. ASA certifications are valid for life and recognized internationally. We are dedicated to teaching safety and seamanship and give you the confidence to fulfill your sailing goals and dreams.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We just had a great day on the Bay with Captain John and his first mate! We sailed in a mini-race against two other boats from Monterey Bay Sailing. The wind was great with 2 foot swells. The perfect sailing experience. We took turns at the tiller and pulling sheets, so all got to learn something too.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife surprised with a gift certificate to a half-day sail with a chartered captain. This was a great way for me to introduce my love of sailing to my two daughters. My wife knows that I really get into my sailing, so she didn't want me to charter my own boat and ignore my family while I worked the sails and steered a course. She wanted the entire family to enjoy a cruise with a licensed captain and crew so we could concentrate on each other during the 4-hour event. My kids loved the boat. My seven-year-old really took to steering the boat for more than an hour under the instruction of the captain, who was very patient with the youngster while being aware of the sailing operations. There was a crew member to assist as well. I am impressed with the quality of service and the family friendly atmosphere. The boat was in great shape and was the perfect place to enjoy a long cruise. I will sail with MBS again!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Wow what a trip. We went sailing out of Monterey for the first time and saw so much including a Blue Whale right behind our boat. That was exciting. I can't really say anything about the boat because it belongs to us but getting out of Monterey boat launch was a tight squeeze, limited parking you share it with people going to the wharf but for all you sailors out there it is worth it. We found that if you motor over to the side and wait there for the person parking the car it's way eaiser than it looks. Coming back in do the same park along the side then throw the ropes over and wait for the car.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Captain John rocks! A friend told me recently to do something each week that scares you and this was my thing. My husband loves sailing so i decided to book the sunset cruise online. The booking process was easy and i spoke to John to confirm the day of sailing. From the outset both he and Sky were great, explaining about the boat and how the sail works and evn allowing me to take the helm whilst talking through how to watch the wind and the tellale and the compass. It is so peaceful out there and despite the fog and no sunset the trip was amazing, i am definitely going sailing again. We were told to put on at least three layers as it would be cold...it was but again John was prepared and had blankets and comforters. The appetisers were fresh and it was certainly worth the money.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I finished the ASA 101 and 103 these past two weekends and I had a great experience. Thank you, Rebecca! Capt. Rebecca's skill and knowledge is enviable, and she has an innate talent to pass it along -- and to remain cool in maybe some tense circumstances! I am really looking forward to bareboat and the navigation classes, and I recommend anyone interested in sailing to give them a call.

And a bonus -- a "smack" of jellies while we were out. Yep "smack." Learned that from one of my fellow sailors one day. And the pelicans, other birds, otters, sea lions, and a harbor seal were such a treat to be so close to. Even one old sea lion making darn sure we knew he was king!

Everyone I met at Monterey Bay Sailing are so very friendly and eager to share their joy of sailing. John, Rebecca, Mattie, Skylar, and another 14-year-old deckhand (so sorry I don't know your name) I met my first day there who introduced me to Nilla (the dog), thank you.