“Beautiful beaches along the way.”
Review of 17-Mile Drive

and up
Monterey Bay and Carmel-by-the-Sea Day Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #4 of 104 things to do in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Seals bask on the beach and pelicans perch on rocky cliffs along this famous drive that passes through many popular spots.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I enjoyed this drive very much. There are some beautiful beaches along the way, at least one with picnic tables. Just lovely all around. We went on a Saturday so it was pretty busy and we couldn't find parking at every stop, which was disappointing. It costs $10 to take this drive. I guess you are paying for the convenience of not having to figure out your own scenic route. But I enjoyed it, and found it overall relaxing.

1  Thank Morg17

Reviewed August 7, 2014

it was interesting to see "how the other 1% lives" but the ride was a little expensive. There were some beautiful coastline sites and seeing Pebble Beach was neat but I'm not sure that I would want to do it a second time.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

If you're a cyclist, definitely rent a bike from baybikes and ride around the 17 mile drive. It's a much nicer ride than rt1. One of the most scenic rides I've done.

1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed August 6, 2014

It is sooooo beautiful! I spent half day there. There are a lots of seals there. I got lost there, the people live or work there are very friendly to help me.

1  Thank malanly
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was so worth the $10 admission fee, the views are just amazing and breath taking, and getting to stop at Pebble Beach and see some of the holes and visit the pro shop was great as well. If coming to Monterey you MUST do this drive!