“Second time out with them...incredible to see whales”

Monterey Bay Whale Watch
More attraction details
Owner description: 84 Fisherman's Wharf #1
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was in the area in the late 90's and went on my first whale-watching cruise with them. It was earlier in the year and we saw a lot of gray whales at the time. This time we saw a lot of humpback whales. The crew is very professional and knowledgeable and will take the extra time to find the whales and then stay with them long enough so that everyone can get a good look at them. I was really hoping to see a blue whale or a killer whale this time, but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm sure that if they were near, they would have found them. Every time I find myself near Monterey, I will make it a point to go on one of their cruises.

2  Thank Erin B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)
All reviews
"motion sickness pills"
"hump backs"
"larger boat"
in 11 reviews
"pacific white sided dolphins"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 18, 2013

still in awe about our experience, we went out 4 times in one week with these people on the sea wolf 2, you cant fault them, from the time you get on the boat to when you get off, very professional people who knew what they were talking about, we saw loads of humpback whales, and a blue whale, risso dolphins, white sided dolphins, sea lions, sea otters, if there was a whale in the area they would find it, and stay with the whale so everyone could get a good look and take photos, nothing was hurried, humbacks breaching out the water, tail slapping, etc, totally breath taking, will deffo be going back again next year and will use these guys again, these guys really care about the whale and sea life enviroment, they stop and pick plastic and balloon out of the ocean so the whales etc dont eat it, highly recommended for all ages, loved it

1  Thank themalletts
Reviewed May 16, 2013

With Monterey being the "bread basket" in the Pacific Ocean for sea life, we didn't want to miss out viewing the whales and other sea life during one of the best seasons to view.

Monterey Whale Watching excursions was recommended as the best and we were not disappointed. the boat was big enough to accommodate the ocean with a heated cabin, bathrooms, and a galley for food and drink purchases.

Catherine, the tour guide, was the best! Her sense of humor and knowledge of the marine life (she is a marine biologist) was outstanding. She made the trip so much more fun.

The trip was a couple of hours out on the ocean where they were in contact with other boats in the area so that they knew where the latest sightings of whales were. We discovered two Humpback whales eating krill and stayed with them for most of the time. The captain knew how to maneuver the boat to stay with them. We also saw a pod of Risso Dolphins with a few calves playing ad splashing around.

The trip was well worth the $45. You could pay an additional $20 for the top deck, but after the trip was over, I am glad I did not spend the extra money.

1  Thank Nightafternight
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were on the 10am boat, which was full, but not overly crowded. The crew was very friendly and came around often to speak one-on-one with people during the trip. I definitely suffer from motion sickness on boats, so I put a behind-the-ear patch on the afternoon prior and had no problems. We saw four humpbacks (one went under our boat!) and a number of dolphins. They will stay in place if the whales are active giving everyone time to take lots of photos and videos. Very chilly, so dress warmly - sun finally came out on the way back to the pier, making it a great ending.

1  Thank Luise Y