“Sample CA & Retro History”
Review of Museum of Monterey

Museum of Monterey
Ranked #26 of 103 things to do in Monterey
La Canada Flintridge, California
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Sample CA & Retro History”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

When I went had exhibit on the 60s era & upstairs about Cannery Row from 1800s to Today, nautical fare, etc
Museum could be bigger & house more exhibits & use Hi Tech to explain exhibits.
Day I went they had a Dodge Chrysler car club in Town outside museum.

Visited September 2012

“Interesting”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have lived in monterey for many years and I never knew this was here. For $5 very interesting and worth a look. The staff was very nice and the man on the second floor explaining the exhibits was very passionate about his job.

Monterey, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Too expensive for what it has to offer. The computers were down when I got there so I had to pay on my way out. The computers were still down as I was leaving and the process of paying was way too long.
The day I went they were setting up for the next exhibit so there was a lot of construction going on downstairs and very little to see other than some artwork. Upstairs was interesting and had a nice view. The best part about the museum is the lighthouse light which you can see for free from outside.

Visited June 2012
West Grove, Pennsylvania
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Loved the Monterey history”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our hour long visit to this small but worthwhile museum. The first floor had pictures and mementos of the Monterey pop festival of 1967 (we even drove past the venue at the corner of Mark Thomas Drive and Garden Road, outside of town) and the second floor had a variety of historical artifacts about old Monterey. We enjoy history and had a lovely time. There were rare military artifacts, women's clothing, deep sea diving information (abalone in Monterey), etc. Children should enjoy it, but it won't be good for more than an hour or so. Staff was super helpful.

Visited October 2012
West Hollywood
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Music Love & Flowers!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in Monterey for a conference and one of the conference events was held at the Museum of Monterey in conjunction with the “Music Love & Flowers” show about the Monterey International Pop Festival, which took place at the Monterey Fairgrounds in June, 1967. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane and the film of the same was fantastic! I highly recommend going just for this alone…as it seems that being “Groovy” is a theme right now in Monterey with the Aquarium sporting the Groovy Jellies exhibit. The other parts of the MoM were also very interesting and I loved looking at the glass for the light house. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The MoM is a great treasure!

Visited October 2012