“Haunting for The Unknown - but not for Us”

Ghost Tour of Old Monterey
Ranked #19 of 41 Tours in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Relive the Fantastic Tales of Old MontereyOnce the capitol of Mexican California, Old Monterey was the center of fiestas and balls, the glamour of dashing Spanish horsemen and the throb of guitars played by romantic suitors. It was also a town of intrigue, murder, swindles and shipwrecks.Epic lives full of lost treasures, found romance, and amazing adventures. Visit the sites of the ghost in the garden, ancient burial grounds, hidden treasure, hauntings, hangings and frequent ghostly sightings.This 90 minute trolley tour, led by longtime residents and local historians, will bring you into a Monterey that few alive today have seen.
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We were on our way to the Aquarium when I was handed a little brochure. "Ghost Tours of Old Monterey" it said. I put it in my purse and forgot about it. Once we returned to our hotel I remembered it. Showed my Husband. Needless to say we signed up for the following night. Gary, the Tour Guide was fun and informative. Funny thing was, Everywhere we were taken, my husband & I had been by the night before! We had beer summoned Back to the area and what a betterr way than "The Ghost Tours of Old Monterey" Well worth the time to learn what Monterey was really like :)

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Myself and 3 others took this tour recently. Gary, the tour guide, offers an insightful look into the paranormal side of Monterey. He is a wealth of information and incorporates the rich history and background of the area in his tour. Not only did we learn a lot about the paranormal activity but we learned about Monterey's history as the original state capital, its economy, and political turmoil during the state's tumultuous formative period. I highly recommend this tour and look forward to experiencing it again.

1  Thank CSUH_Tony
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This is one amazing tour! The guides really know their history and you learn a lot about the Monterey area. It's not all overdone theatrics & gimmicks like some "ghost tours" I've been on. This tour comes from the heart.
I guess my only complaint is that you want it to be longer. Don't get me wrong, it's a great length, but I could spend several *more* hours with them exploring and learning this areas amazing history & happenings!
Take my advice & take this tour. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Satyr69
Reviewed May 29, 2010

The tour guide was very knowledgeable of the local lore and Ghost stories about Monterey. He was very entertaining and responded well to tour requests. Granted we couldn't go into some of the places but we got some really nice photos outside of them.

1  Thank Allen957
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I think you should really stick to this being a historical tour of Old Monterey and just flavor it a bit with some ghostly tid bits, to juicy it up a bit. Maybe start by changing the name of the tour, as it was quite disappointing as a ghost tour. I remember thinking that we would be touring the inside of some old forts or homes. I think we went into one building. Not at all what i expected.

3  Thank Barremich