“Good place to learn the history of Monterey CA”

Ghost Tour of Old Monterey
Ranked #19 of 41 Tours in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Relive the Fantastic Tales of Old MontereyOnce the capitol of Mexican California, Old Monterey was the center of fiestas and balls, the glamour of dashing Spanish horsemen and the throb of guitars played by romantic suitors. It was also a town of intrigue, murder, swindles and shipwrecks.Epic lives full of lost treasures, found romance, and amazing adventures. Visit the sites of the ghost in the garden, ancient burial grounds, hidden treasure, hauntings, hangings and frequent ghostly sightings.This 90 minute trolley tour, led by longtime residents and local historians, will bring you into a Monterey that few alive today have seen.
Reviewed May 29, 2010

The tour guide was very knowledgeable of the local lore and Ghost stories about Monterey. He was very entertaining and responded well to tour requests. Granted we couldn't go into some of the places but we got some really nice photos outside of them.

1  Thank Allen957

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I think you should really stick to this being a historical tour of Old Monterey and just flavor it a bit with some ghostly tid bits, to juicy it up a bit. Maybe start by changing the name of the tour, as it was quite disappointing as a ghost tour. I remember thinking that we would be touring the inside of some old forts or homes. I think we went into one building. Not at all what i expected.

3  Thank Barremich
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I took the Ghost Tour Halloween Night 2009. We were just looking for something interesting to do while we were on the bay visiting family members. I would have never expected to record some of the wildest EVP's and capture some of the most interesting photos. We had to come back for a second trip the following weekend. I recorded even more!! We visited one location, The Perry House.... I can't even explain the feelings...!!! Wild!! The pictures that I took...

Gary...we can't wait to go again!! Thanks for the experience...

1  Thank dseael