“Great view, Ok breakfast, excellent spicy bloodymary” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of C restaurant + bar

C restaurant + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
C restaurant + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Avenue
Description: the C restaurant + bar is a spectacular dining location that provides a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay. The cuisine, under the direction of Executive Chef Jerry Regester, is regional with emphasis in seafood and blending in a variety of local seasonal products. the C restaurant + bar is proud to comply with Monterey Bay Aquarium?s Seafood Watch program and support local farms, organically-grown ingredients and sustainability.
Yuba City, California
“Great view, Ok breakfast, excellent spicy bloodymary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

If you like spicy bloody mary, this is the place to order it. Our breakfast was ok, but a little expensive. Husband had waffle and felt that it was ok. I had the omelet. The food was ordinary. Nothing to rave about. Kids menu was simple and the price was reasonable. We did not get the raving croissant bc we were told that it is very sweet. So if you are into sweet breakfast, consider it. All the seats have Beautiful ocean view. Call for reservations ahead so you don't have to wait. This is good place for breakfast or lunch before visiting the M aquarium, since it is only a couple of steps away. Remember, You will pay for the view.

Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sadly dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were drawn into C by the musician playing outside. The view was lovely but the food and portions were horrible. I ordered a glass of champagne that they were out of. Instead of offering a similar champagne at the same price, the server offered me a much more expensive glass. He should have given me a similar glass at the same price. I ordered the shrimp cocktail app and asked the server what size the shrimp was and he said very large. They were small, slimy and had no taste. The worst shrimp I've ever eaten at a restaurant. I also ordered the clam showder which had great flavor but the amount was less than sufficient. If this restaurant is struggling financially, then they should shut it's doors instead of having customers pay high prices for less than mediocre food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristin A
Waianae, HI
“This place is for tourists”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great view, but that's all. Waiter not that attentive. Food very average, and my fish and chips was greasy and soggy. Wine very expensive. Just seemed more for exploiting tourists than providing a good meal. I was there to meet a cousin I hadn't seen for years, and was disappointed this was not a better place for a reunion. I was embarassed for the food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Black Forest, Colorado
“Eclectic, but Very Good Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped in this place for lunch when we realized that the restaurants at the aquarium were overflowing and there was over an hour wait for a table. My husband was searching for abalone, which the menu posted outside had. The lunch menus we were given inside didn't have abalone listed at all. My husband asked about it, and was told that the menus outside were older menus and that the lunch chef wouldn't be able to make the dinner abalone dish offered. We considered leaving, but the waiter, seeing our disappointment, said he would see if there was anything he could do. Well, he came back and told my husband that there was one serving of abalone available for the dinner menu; did he want that, and how would he like it prepared? So, C came through with a very nice abalone and pasta dish for my husband. I don't remember what I had! The menu was interesting, ranging from seafood to sandwiches. I would like to try the place for dinner, but it was a perfectly good lunch. Interesting, open and modern decor. We appreciated the chef making something not on the menu.

Visited July 2013
Tucson, AZ
“Bad day at C?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous spot expected good but expensive food, got OK food and terrible service. Waited over an hour from order to food. This was for hamburgers and crab salad. There was only 1 other patron when we arrived. Our 1 year old flipped out having to wait so long. Crab salad tiny . Limited menu. Suspect they lost our order. Got free glass of wine for our troubles. $100 for two hamburgers, two crab salads two glasses of wine and baby meal. For that price service should be faultless Even had to ask 4 times to get highchair

• Visited July 2013