“Serving old seafood, and I mean OLD”
Review of C restaurant + bar

C restaurant + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
C restaurant + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Avenue
Description: the C restaurant + bar is a spectacular dining location that provides a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay. The cuisine, under the direction of Executive Chef Jerry Regester, is regional with emphasis in seafood and blending in a variety of local seasonal products. the C restaurant + bar is proud to comply with Monterey Bay Aquarium?s Seafood Watch program and support local farms, organically-grown ingredients and sustainability.
Pleasant Hill, California
“Serving old seafood, and I mean OLD”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband I went here for breakfast and I got the huevos rancheros. Worst food I have ever received. The shrimp tasted off to me, it was super salty and fishy tasting. Fresh sea food DOES NOT taste like this. As the dish cooled down it started to stink pretty bad, I had pushed it to the end of the table and I could still smell it. Regardless to stay after a few bites I forfeited. The fact that they would even consider serving this is disgusting to me. They took it off the tab but seemed rather unapologetic that they had served food that was so old it could have made me sick. I would not recommend anyone go here to eat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Elyse B

“Just fabulous”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I with a family friend went for dinner for my birthday and wedding anniversary.
This was my second time there more than a year ago. I was impressed then but this time it exceeded my expectations. Both the food and the service were excellent plus the view is very nice too.

• Visited May 2013
Denver
“Slow service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The service at this place was really slow! You would think that on a tourist town they would have great service but not so much. The food was decent, not great. The best thing this place has going is the view.

Visited May 2013
San Carlos, California, United States
“Understated luxury by the bay”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had an outstanding dinner with locally caught fish, excellent wines, and gracious service. Our only complaint was that our server became distracted by a large table near the end of our meal. Because of that, we ended up skipping dessert and an after-dinner drink in favor of leaving for a stroll down Cannery Row.

Visited May 2013
Monterey, California
“The C-”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

very welcoming greeting from the hostess. still don't know the bartenders name. he was just going through the motions. dropped our check off before we even got our food, so we were closed off before we could even ask for another round. weren't able to splurge here. the service and food did not match the atmosphere and decor. much room for improvement.

• Visited May 2013