“Nice Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Danville, CA
“Nice Dinner”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

The atmosphere is nice/quaint. The staff/owner friendly and attentive. We were seated promptly upon arrival and given a choice of three tables. I had the french onion soup which was very good...not the best I've had. My wife had a salad which was very good. We both had the steak Bordelaise with pomme frites. The sauce was quite good, the pomme frites excellent...but the steak was a little tough for me. I would not give it the rave reviews that led us to this restauarant, but I would definitely go back.

1 Thank SteveDanvilleCA

whitefish, montana
“An absolute Gem!”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

What a wonderful dining treat awaited my wife at this delightful bistro on our California tour. The ambiance warm, the service a friendly to a fault, and the food to die for! Our Coc co van was a work of art. Keep up the good work. We will be back for more next time.

San Diego, CA
“Delicious, cozy, intimate”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Very good food; we had seafood bisque soup and carpaccio.

Mountain View, CA
“Delicious, memorable... and will return!”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Flavors were amazing here. I wanted to order everything on the menu, but restrained myself. Loved the spinach gnocchi for appetizer. Ratatouille was also good, but I can make it at home. Main courses were fabulous, well presented, nice combination and variety of flavors that hit the palate with every bite. I had the fish special -- sea bass with cauliflower puree and wild mushrooms. Others at my table raved about their coq au vin, duck confit, steak and pommes frites. I had a taste of everyone's entrees and enjoyed those flavors too, but really favored my fish dish. Creme brulee for dessert was nice, the sugar a bit hard/thick, but I liked it that way. Good service, attentive, not obtrusive, and a very polite, friendly sous chef who asked me how I enjoyed dinner. I heard the Chef was out at a Beaujolais party, but wouldn't have minded meeting him and saying hello. It's always a pleasure to meet the person who cooks for you.

1 Thank avid_traveler_2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
“You can definitely do better than this place”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

This is a French restaurant in Monterey. It's very small inside and looks pretty nice. However, that's pretty much where the good points end. Low points: The food is OK, but overpriced and I've had much better elsewhere. Menu is limited. Service is not bad but not great. It's very cramped inside so you can't really have an intimate dinner. Finally, the hostess (owner?) is strange and rude. Or not, apparently, depending on who you are. She went about the restaurant from table to table, giving one couple a free bottle of wine and sitting to drink with them for a while, giving another table free dessert and chatting with them about some type of travelling. Another table got enjoy(?) her company for quite a while as well. We got no complimentary wine, dessert, or even any notice from this person. It was odd, as the tables are very close together, watching her go out of her way to make some diners feel special and welcomed, while completely ignoring others. I've eaten at hundreds of restaurants, many very nice, and don't recall ever seeing this kind of behavior. We didn't appreciate it. Add that to the mediocre and overpriced food, and I can't recommend the place at all. No doubt you would enjoy your evening much more at another restaurant in Monterey.

3 Thank mikevegas