“Intimate, European feeling, delicious meal”
Review of Bistro Moulin

Bistro Moulin
Ranked #28 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistro Moulin is a cozy European Bistro located on Cannery Row in Monterey. French chef/owner Didier Dutertre's classic cuisine is exquisitely prepared and French wine selections are plentiful. You'll swear you're in Paris!
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Canelloni Tartufi was out of this world. So unusual, a mouth treat for sure. Who'd have thought of such a combination?

Good wine list & the wait person made good suggestions to pair with our food choices.

A gem among the tourist houses.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Moulin

Reviewed June 20, 2013

By far, the best meal we had during our stay in Monterey. Escargots and mussels were authentically French and delicious. Beef tenderloin cannelloni was unique and wonderfully flavorful. Sadly, didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place was amazing. The food was incredible. It's not all French food, we saw it listed as European. We ended up getting Italian dishes. I had the cannelloni, some of the best I've ever had. My husband had the Osso Bucco which was also tasty. The atmosphere is very French though. The place is on the smaller side and felt very intimate. The food is what really left an impression for us. We will definitely make a visit here next time we're in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Five of Us Descended On This Great Little Bistro To Celebrate My Wife's Birthday. Simply Superb! We Had Been There Before And Almost Forgot How Terrific This Gem Of France In Monterey Is. I've Decided To Compare Osso Buco At 3 Of My Favorite Local Restaurants And While The Others Were Excellent, Bistro Moulin Took It To Another Level. Excellent ( But A Little Pricey) Wine List. Moules ...Fabulous. Coq Au Vin...Terrific. Escargots...Swoon Worthy. And On And On...Reservations A Must. I Feel Guilty For Not Being A More Faithful Patron.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Given that my fiance is from France, we like to check out other French restaurants when traveling, as we both loved it. The pate was wonderful (and I am not usually a fan) and the mussels & broth were excellent!