“Lively French bistro”

Ranked #29 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistro Moulin is a cozy European Bistro located on Cannery Row in Monterey. French chef/owner Didier Dutertre's classic cuisine is exquisitely prepared and French wine selections are plentiful. You'll swear you're in Paris!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The ambiance is fabulously French, intimate and cosy. Our server was attentive and friendly and added to the pleasure of our dining experience. The soups were sublime. My husband ordered a roasted tomato and eggplant soup and I chose French Onion. Both were delicious. For our main course, we shared the mussels entree. Very disappointing. The chef has chosen to have sustainable trump taste. (I am making a pledge to forgo farmed anything.) I ate mussels in Cannes six months ago that were plump and sweet. The mussels at Bistro Moulin had a bad flavor--bitter, fresh but yucky. I recommend the restaurant but not the mussels.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A bit snooty, reception is not always warm BUT the food is amazing. Make sure to make reservations. This is a teeny tiny place that is almost always packed. Execution is flawless and consistent. I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

All the members of our party either live or have lived in Brussels, so our standards for a European bistro are pretty high. Bistro Moulin was exactly what we were looking for. Everyone enjoyed their food and wine, and the service was very good. We'll be back next time we are in Monterey.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Being in the restaurant business myself sometimes i can be hard to please when dining out. Everything from the service to food and ambience was amazing! I never had to ask for anything it just appeared and to me that is great part of dining out! I honestly would have to say it was the best restaurant experience I've ever had! Highly recommend it!

1  Thank baileepirot
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Bistro Moulin serves authentic wonderful French cuisine. The service and atmosphere are excellent and the wine list is extensive. The menu has something for everyone no matter what their dietary preferences may be. The creme brulee' is excellent. Perfect place for a special occasion, or if you are just visiting Monterey looking for an exceptional place for dinner.