“We did find an elusive whale!!!”

Randy's Fishing Trips and Whale Watching Trips
Kansas City, Missouri
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“We did find an elusive whale!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We actually signed up for Chris' whale tour but there weren't enough passengers so they combined forces. The crew was nothing but polite. They tracked a whale for us that we never did find, but we went to Moss Landing and found a different one. The crew worked hard to find the one we did. We were grateful to have seen the one we did. Good job guys!!! Wed Oct 17, 2012

Visited October 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ugh!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

The deckhand was a foul mouth jerk! Mean and ignorant to most people. Had my 11 year old son with me.The guy ruined an otherwise good trip. Next time we'll try Chris' Fishing.

2 Thank Tim S
Tuolumne City, California, United States
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Best Place to see whales”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

the best place to see whales and the best price on the warf we love Randys and always go with them to see the whales when we are in the area

Visited April 2012
Tuolumne City, California, United States
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“great ship”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

the trip went great saw whales and talked to the captain about a fishing trip at a later date, this was the cheapest whale watching trip on the wharf as we looked at the other boats we wondered why they spent so much to do the same thing we were, thanks Randy's

Visited November 2011
Pittsboro, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Nice operation. Had a good time chasing rockfish.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Decided to do a halfday rockfishing trip with these guys based on their website. As my wife had no interest in going fishing, figured a headboat/partyboat was the best option and it was either these guys or Chris's, and I chose Randy's based on their website.

Called and left a message asking general questions about tackle etc and got a call back from an helpful sounding person, but he didn't really answer anything and said call back again. When I did, I got somebody who couldn't really answer any questions, so I just rolled with it.

The place is hard to find, thankfully I walked down the day before to look for it. It is on the left pier with all the shops/restaurants, about 2/3rd of the way down, then situated in a small blue/green shack off to the right.

I bought my license on the web ahead of time, good move, I advise you do the same if visiting, save some time in the office.

Had a small crowd on our trip, about 15 people. Of those about 4 really knew what they were doing, a couple who knew enough (like me) and then 5 or so that got sick on a relatively calm day and hung out in the cabin.

Fish weren't chewing much, but the captain kept moving us around on drifts. Fish started co-operating a little more in the mid-day. Mate was very helpful and did everything he could to help everybody out. Even pointed me in the right direction for where to have somebody cook up my fish at the end of the day.

Didn't get sore arms, but still had an enjoyable day and caught a few fish.

No food or drink for sale on boat. They do sell tackle though.

Visited September 2011