This was a one-night stop-over in Monterey on our drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. As such, we did not have a reservation, so we were pleased to get a room at the last minute. The $179 rate was a little steep considering the hotel was not within walking distance to the Aquarium or the Cannery, but we were glad just to have a place to put our heads down after a long day of driving.
The room was adequate, however in serious need of an updating. A coffee-maker was noticeably absent, but bottled water was available. The bathroom was large, but also in need of a renovation, and pretty skimpy on the amenities. Our room was quiet, thankfully, since it looked like the resort was pretty booked based on the number of people in the lobby lounge and out on the greens. We did not have time to check out the pool or the business center (if they had one) but we did eat in the TusCA Ristorante that evening which was delicious. (Knuckles Sports Bar was too rowdy and crowded so we were glad we opted for more formal fare).
This hotel is obviously in a transition period. Once the accomodations are brought up to date, this will be a fabulous destination. Lobby, fireplace lounge and surrounding grounds are lovely, but the rooms and building hallways are a little shabby. Staff, however, are very pleasant and helpful. Upon our checkout the next morning, a representative was able to arrange tickets for us to the Aquarium and gave us suggestions for breakfast.
Would recommend this hotel if you can get an online discount rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca