Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
3,759 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surcannery rowminute driveroad tripfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2006

The staff was friendly and welcoming. We were waited on immediately and they did a good job following check in procedures. Luggage assistance was offered but we took our own luggage.

The rugs in the public areas and guest room were very dirty. The elevator inspection in bldg #14 expired in October 2004 (2 years ago). There were two large black hairs in the shower on the wall (I am blonde), areas of mold on the ceiling corners in the bath, the sink had not been washed (brown stains and spots around drain and faucet). The coffee maker was slimy inside.

The beds were VERY comfortable. They were large with a nice fluffy duvet and sheets.

One concern with staff - we lost our key and approached the front desk for a new one. When we did this in the morning there was no one at the front desk at all (Thanksgiving morning) - we waited for 10 minutes and no one appeared. We returned later that afternoon - We told the front desk attendant that we could not remember the room number but that we were in bldg #14 (actually we were in bldg #12 but using the #14 elevator). We had never dealt with this employee previously. She handed over a room key without asking for an ID or any personal information.

The location wasn't great. We had to drive to Monterey versus just walking to the downtown shops/eateries/Fisherman Wharf area as we have done when staying in other hotels in this area.

We had difficulty locating the hotel (there is another road down in Pacific Grove with the same name - Agua____ - forget what it's called). We had to call the hotel 4 times for directions in a 30 minute period - they were friendly but seemed to have difficulty giving clear directions).

The hotel is old and property has not been well maintained. I do "secret shopping" for a hospitality company a few times a month and this hotel would not have done well - specifically safety and cleanliness.

I did speak with one other guest - he asked me why I was taking my luggage down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I told him about the expired inspection. His comment was, "This place is a dump, huh? - not what I expected from a Hyatt"

PS - The picture on the Hyatt Monterey website looks NOTHING like the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank adnil1962
Reviewed November 25, 2006

This is the worst hotel. Don't be deceived by the photos. The place is dirty, we found hairs in the bathtub and diapers stayed in the hallway for 24 hours (as did old food). The service wasn't any better - they are rude and unhelpful. The only silver lining was the concierge who proved useful and nice. You're better off staying at a cheap hotel chain.

I recognize this place is undergoing an extensive renovation, but even when it's done the service and cleanliness will still be horrible.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank californiafamilyof4
Reviewed November 6, 2006

My husband attended a symposium at the Hyatt and I went with. We would not stay there again. The heat in our room was broken and after my husband finally got it fixed, Housekeeping came in and shut it off again. The room was freezing. Also, they are doing extensive renovations, so there was great confusion on the part of the desk clerk and concierge as to where breakfast was being served. I ended up getting roomservice one morning at an exorbitant price. They also charge a resort fee that is non-negotiable and a daily fee to use your personal laptop! They also only have an outdoor pool which in Oct./Nov. is virtually useless! I would definitely not reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Aztec22
Reviewed October 21, 2006

To start off, we stayed her on a very busy weekend, a race was going on Laguna Seca and a Junior tennis tournament was in town....not a room was to be had if not booked early.

Although the staff was very nice, the hotel is a bit warn. When I requested a view room at check-in, I was told they go early and had nothing but I cold get a room with a pool view )I suppose this was as opposed to a freeway view). All the rooms seemed to have a balcony...but not ours but for the "view" I decided not to complain.

Now as I mentioned, it was a very crowded weekend and when we arrived at our room on Saturday afternoon I had to park 3 buildings away from our room. Then when we arrived back after dinner,it literally took 20 minutes to find a legal parking space in the lot...even farther away. Needless to say, after paying $250 a night, I was very upset. I called the front desk and was told they had two weddings and a big game on TV at the sports...so no parking...gee thanks! As an accommodation, they did give me free breakfast coupons.

Did I mention the comfortable beds but the rest of the rooms was fairly warn and the tile was all cracked in the bathroom.

Oh, I forgot...the flight path from the airport goes over the hotel....that is why I was awake at 7:00 am on Sunday morning....I guess I have more sightseeing time!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank MalibuSky
Reviewed October 11, 2006

My fiancé' and I stayed here when we visited with friends back in February. We paid $189 for a suite. We booked the room with our American Express and were give a $50 gift card to use towards anything at the hotel (we used it for room service). The room was great - 2 bathrooms. We had a view of the pool area which was absolutely gorgeous lit up at night. The bed and the pillows were to die for!!! The guys enjoyed the pool tables that were right on site. I'd definitely choose to stay here again for during future visits to Monterey.

Stayed: September 2006