Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manhattan, Kansas
“A Slice of Relaxation”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel overnight on the way to another destination. It has a great little sports bar on the property and some great places to relax throughout. The sleeping room was nothing spectacular, but was very clean and inviting. I enjoyed the patio outside my room to relax after dark and to look out over the golf course while drinking my coffee the next morning. The bell and front desk service was severely lacking at the time I checked in. There were plenty of people around at checkout the next morning, but pretty lacking the evening before. I did not play the golf course, but could tell from my room that it was not in the best of condition. The greens in particular looked pretty poor. I did think the room was a reasonable value for the location. And, breakfast in the restaurant was fantastic!

Room Tip: Traveling with a larger family for a few days? Check out the President's House on property. Awes...
Green Features: Liked that they had an active garden onsite where they were growing vegetables used at the hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was pleased with the staff attention I received from the moment I checked in, and grateful for it, but it really did not last. We found our room had stained sheets, but the staff was so busy and sounded preoccupied when called about it. We mentioned it was a special occasion, but staff never did anything about it like they usually would. We have been coming to this hotel, every few years, for two decades, so we will definitely overlook it and hope for better service next time.
This hotel is located near the many attractions Monterey has to offer such as the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Fisherman's Wharf, and family friendly. It has great poolside activities, like ping pong and that's special.

Room Tip: The buildings are very spread out, so ask for one near-by, if the walk would bother you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J-mom-of-three
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear J-mom-of-three,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I want to thank you for continually choosing our hotel! However, I apologize for the missteps in service you experienced during this special trip. Customer service is our number one priority and I have personally reviewed your comments with our management team to ensure there are no future reoccurrences. I hope we can welcome you back soon and are able to regain your confidence!

Knottingley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is in a wonderful setting and after a long day travelling it was very welcome. The room was clean and very comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful especially the porter who took us to our room, gave us lots of information about the area.
Was a bit surprised at the $20 resort charge as this hotel was booked as part of a package by our travel agent, it covered valet parking but we had already parked ourselves, the spa and golf but we were only there for an overnight stay so couldn't use and wine tasting which was closed. Apart from this we enjoyed our stay and the Tuscan restaurant was excellent, fantastic service and food.

Room Tip: Our room was in block 3 which is a good walk from reception got taken their in golf buggy, not much...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary B
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was so impressed with the service and attention I received from the moment I checked in to the moment it was time to depart. This hotel is located near the many attractions Monterey has to offer such as the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Fisherman's Wharf. Knuckles and the Fireplace Lounge area are perfect eatery locations within the hotel, the service was superb and the food was absolutely delicious! Rooms are large and quiet and the ambiance of the hotel was very professional and comfy. I definitely plan on returning to this Hyatt!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear 82SAH,

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation! I have already forwarded your kind comments to our restaurant teams – I think they are “superb” too. I hope we see you again soon!

Toronto
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I got this hotel on Priceline so as you may know-when you bid your not sure what you will get. I was happy at 1st but then was not so happy then after reading the reviews so was a little concerned. Well I was pleasantly surprised. All was A1 right from check in to check out. I asked for a rm not too close to the 101 highway and they put me in a rm in Block 14. Perfect on the 4th fl. The rm was lovely and really comfy and newly redecorated. I went to dinner a little late and the main rest was closed but had a nice light meal at the Bar. Julie served me and was very busy on a Friday night. She was great and I was very thankful that she warned me that I had ordered too much food and suggested I not order the 3rd app. They had a nice cheese with bread selection for only $3 Loved the mountain lodge feel as well. I certainly loved the hotel and sure loved the whole area. That state is just downright beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the rms that face the highway-windows and thick curtains help . Also ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GaryHarper
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear GaryHarper,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. It’s wonderful to read your five-star recommendation! I’m excited to share your kind words with my team, especially Julie in our Knuckles Sports Bar. Knuckles has been voted the #1 Sports Bar in Monterey County 11 years in a row and I’m happy you were able to enjoy it! I hope we see you again soon whenever your travels bring you back to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Pickering, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Although it's not downtown it is a great facility and has great staff. It is right on the golf course and also has a really good fitness room. The rooms were large and clean and even the check in was pleasant. I stay at lots of hotels and I usually am not impressed with the check in to even mention it. Also I needed a snack late one night and asked at the front desk and they had a snack tray there that was very helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms are spread out in buildings all over the grounds but mine was right beside the main buildi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 days here this week for a work conference. It's a huge property with many buildings and right on the golf course. It's not that close to downtown or Cannery Row but I liked the location. It was tranquil with nice scenery. As mentioned before, the rooms could use some updating but they were spacious with nice amenities. The gym was better than average too. The highlight however was the food we were served. It was seriously good! Every breakfast, lunch and dinner was delicious, buffet style with innovative choices, good portions, beautifully presented and kept warm and fresh. I tend to eat small portions at home, but I pigged out because the food was so good! I think this hotel caters to the golfing crowd, but I think it's still a good option for everyone that doesn't need to be right downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business