We stayed here over a weekend as we needed to be in Pebble Beach. The hotel is right off the highway, so easy to get to and from. It's a bit far from downtown Monterey, PB or Carmel. There are 1-26 buildings on the property.
Pros: The tennis courts are nice and the golf course is right behind the hotel and also nice. The staff were attentive and friendly, on par with Hyatt. the lobby is open and airy. The rooms are large (we had two full sized beds). The shower is large, too, but there was an old razor protector in the shower and a clear piece of soap plastic that didn't get picked up from house keeping.
Cons: the highway noise is pretty loud, especially if you are in the upper 20's buildings, as they are right next to the highway. We were in building 17/18 and out balcony faced the tennis courts. Our room was quiet for highway noise, but the walls are VERY thin. We could hear both our neighbors laughing and talking and they weren't being overly loud. Be careful if you are on the first floor.
Oddities: the bathroom was very odd. The sink and closet area aren't enclosed, so if you turn on the light, your roommates/family will be disturbed. Also, the sit down area is really nice for putting on your makeup, unfortunately the mirror doesn't come down far enough so you only see half your face. Would be helpful to have a free standing mirror for getting ready. Make and hair drying, etc.
The rooms were fully booked, so the prices were high accordingly. The air conditioner is free standing and loud, but works great. I would stay here again, but only if I couldn't find other places that might be closer to things I were interested in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca